BajaNomad

camping

elgatoloco - 11-19-2002 at 10:57 PM

The first place I ever camped in Baja Sur was Playa Requeson. It is still my favorite.

camping

elgatoloco - 11-21-2002 at 09:36 AM

:)

Requeson.jpg - 30kB

Stephanie Jackter - 11-21-2002 at 11:00 AM

Where is Playa Requeson? I've heard of it but don't know the location.-Stephanie

elgatoloco - 11-21-2002 at 11:24 AM

It is on Bahia Concepcion south of all the others. Go there soon while you still can!

http://www.munoz-industries.com/baja%20paradise%20ventures.h...

Stephanie Jackter - 11-21-2002 at 06:56 PM

Bummer. Really makes ya wonder what will be left for the next generation. - Stephanie

Bajabus - 11-22-2002 at 09:41 PM

OMG requeson is the best. Years ago lynna and I spent 6 hours fixing up the back way in to the remote and quasi secret side spot to the main spit of sand. large round rocks were moved for hours so we could get our bus down there. every year we hoped that spot would be empty so we could spend a week there on the way down to our place. sigh..... I guess change is inevitable. We are lucy to have seen it in such a pristine state.

Thanks for the pic, its cool looking!

BajaBronco - 8-27-2003 at 03:20 PM

That is our ideal camping area...

This place is BEAUTIFUL...WOW :o

Thanks for the info!

[Edited on 08-25-1973 by BajaBronco]

Shell Island

David K - 8-27-2003 at 07:45 PM

Not to be confused with Shell Beach (at Punta Chivato), my favorite Baja beach camp is all sand and beautifully peaceful. Requires 4WD to get to... Here's a couple photos from my last trip: http://vivabaja.com/503/page3.html

[Edited on 1-12-2006 by David K]

Bob H - 8-29-2003 at 07:20 AM

My favorite camp site is Playa Coyote! Here I am in the water with my kayak, April 2003.
Bob H

Here is one of mine!

mcgyver - 8-29-2003 at 12:22 PM

[img]http://http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/users/b3fee54f/bc/Yahoo!+Photo+Album/__hr_LosMuertos.jpg?bfRh6T_AX9SZ2cZn[/img]

Bob H - 8-29-2003 at 02:24 PM

Mcgyver, I can't get that link to bring anything up. Are you sure it's posted in it's entirety?
Bob H

Bob H, I,ll get it someday!

mcgyver - 8-29-2003 at 02:44 PM

Requeson

Ski Baja - 8-29-2003 at 03:29 PM

Ah Geez!

Debra - 8-29-2003 at 06:11 PM

You guys and gal are all making me 'homesick' except for "Shell-Island" I've camped at all these places......as much as I've come to love BOLA, the people in town and Camp Gecko, I think it might be time to do my next excurision to Bahia Consepcion.....I had a 'fly-by' taste with Mike H. and MA a couple of months ago and realized just how much I missed my old stomping grounds......Your pics. comfirmed it! Thanks

Ski Baja

BajaBronco - 9-11-2003 at 03:29 PM

Let me know if anyone is going that way...

Mannnn we would love to camp there... I need to start saving money.

Going that way

Ski Baja - 9-12-2003 at 09:37 AM

My plan is to leave here Oct. 1st and make a few stops on the way south. I will be ending up in the mountains near La Paz but stopping in Mulege, Magdalena Bay and some of the other spots that I enjoy along the way. Probably get down to Los Barriles to see Jimmy about some Bamboo and perhaps even Todos Santos for same.

Anyone hitch hikin' to La Paz??

frizkie - 11-18-2003 at 02:54 PM

I'm looking for someone, male or female, to share adventure and expenses in my 4x4 truck and camper to Baja. I live in Victoria BC Canada and will be heading south end of Dec or early January or?? I've done the trip many times and will be stopping along the way in Meanadero (La Bufadora), San Quintin (Cielito Lindo), L.A. Bay (maybe), Mulege (El Requeson), Agua Verde, La Paz (Tecolote) and then down to Los Frailles to catch myself at least one Dorado and to do a dive or two. I take along a 10 foot porta- bote to fish and explore the outer islands with. I also take my little Baja Perro. No smokers please and must love Carmalita's tomales. :P Male or female..reply here or to bajatraveller@hotmail.com...Gracias

More Baja camping pics...

bajataco - 11-26-2003 at 04:53 PM

Nice pics you all are posting!! Keep 'em coming - let's bump this thread for some new pics...

elgatoloco - 11-26-2003 at 09:41 PM

Great shots bajataco. The only thing missing in those photos is OUR rig!

We are jealous! :no:

Keep em coming!!

Mateo

bajataco - 11-28-2003 at 12:38 PM

Thanks pal! ;)

Anonymous - 12-24-2003 at 03:09 AM

Doesn't this look lovely?
http://www.munoz-industries.com/proyect1.htm

Anonymous - 12-24-2003 at 03:21 AM

Ski, we?ve seen the enemy, and it?s not us. Look closely at this map and choose your fights carefully.
http://www.munoz-industries.com/proyect1.htm

Packoderm - 12-24-2003 at 12:45 PM

Is there any possibility that all this land will actually be subdivided as this map shows? This is what happened to the Yucatan but with super resorts instead of single-residency parcels as the map indicates. I used to love the Yucatan coast ? but no more. However, even if this Playa El Requeson project is dead in the water, it signals the continuing tide against us campers in Baja. I wouldn?t count on the shortage of water preventing development along the coasts of Baja; I have found that nearly the entire city of Havana in Cuba has its water trucked in. If I were to retire on the bahia, I would not gripe too loudly about paying $100.00 or more per month for water. At least the shortage of water would, hopefully, confine the development of Play El Requeson to exclude the mega-resorts, and the advertisers claim to own the only non-edijo land on the bahia; but really, that is of little comfort it the entire sand spit is to be blocked by whatever is to go in those lots on that map. Whether this particular project pans out or not, I would anticipate much more of the same kind of development throughout the peninsula in the future. When it comes to developers: Where there?s a will, there?s a way.

This Big Scam is tied up in Court in La Paz

Anonymous - 1-27-2004 at 12:05 PM

I stayed for a lengthy time at El Requeson last year and learned a considerable amount about the area and the history etc, and late into my stay I learned an enormous amount about this investment scam being brought forth by this Munoz Industries to develop lands in the southern Baja. First off what I learned about this scam.

1) The guy behind this scam showed up some time last year 2003 and informed and showed the current and legal title holders some crappy false titles (land deeds) to various lands such as Playa El Requeson and the neighbouring lands and playas in the area and informed the real owners that the land was going to be developed whether they liked it or not.

2) One of the title holders (name not mentioned here) has taken the issue to court in La Paz and has spent well over $40K USD in court to prove that this Munoz Industries and the people behind it have no legal claim to the lands that they are claim to have title on. I have a number of La Paz papers with the articles and so far as I have heard, the Munoz Industries is not in a good position as it appears their scam has backfired. They posses false titles and they are still trying to muscle in on these lands the mexican way. By force and thru money and bribes.

3) As I hate to see the small honest land owner get screwed, I spent some time to investigate this issue last year and found that the legal title holders are being forced into a situation that they might not be able to afford should investors back this camming Munoz Industries. I was able to see the legal title to a number of these lands at issue and then researched the varacity of Munoz Industries claim to these individuals land and found that Munoz Industries is a major scam and have no legal claim to the titles or land.

4) Munoz Industries needs money and unsuspecting investors to pour their money into this suposed development project. It will never fly as the issue is in or was in court last I heard.

5) If anyone is considering investment in this Munoz Industries project or shall I say big scam, they will definitely lose their money. Don't screw the legal title holders by supporting this scam. Please inform anyone that asks about this issue that it is nothing more than a major scam that is or will be tied up in court for a long time. The legal title holders need campers and supporters to help to spread the good word that scammers will not screw up this paradise.

Support the legal owners and DO NOT support this Munoz Industries in this big lie and scam.

The Mac

Munoz Hotel San Beneventura

JupiterBound - 2-10-2004 at 10:04 PM

We were recent unwitting clients at Hotel san Beneventura, operated by this Munoz Character. There web site is fraudulent and hardly represents the accomodations. We lost over $6000 dollars in deposits, with promised refunds never materializing. And we even used PayPal, which I thought gave us some protection. So burned but a bit wiser. Never go there again and never use PayPal again. does anyone have any personal adress information on Rafael Munoz or Alex Munoz? Appears to be a reall family scam operation

elgatoloco - 2-10-2004 at 10:35 PM

Six Thousand Dollars!?

:o

Packoderm - 2-10-2004 at 10:45 PM

Doesn't Munoz do package deals with air transportation and everything else? This might explain the six grand.

David K - 2-10-2004 at 11:10 PM

A deposit of $6,000? What was the the deposit for? A year's stay at the little motel?

I have heard it many times, that you should only invest in Mexico what you can afford to lose!

Please....

Debra - 2-10-2004 at 11:51 PM

tell me that this "Munoz" and "Capt. Munoz" are different and totally non-related.

David K - 2-11-2004 at 12:55 AM

Yes Debra, totally different, I can bet you.

THANK YOU.....

Debra - 2-11-2004 at 12:57 AM

I could almost hear Corke and "Uncle Erle" turning over in their graves.

[Edited on 2-11-2004 by Debra]

sorry Jupiter bound.....

capt. mike - 2-11-2004 at 04:06 PM

but you are a real sucker. anyone who gives a foreign enterprise $6K, paypal or otherwise, is asking to have his pants taken off!

one must ponder....What WERE you thinking??!!
even at a deposit ratio of 20%, it states you were going to spend $30 K! for what? a month of rooms in his hotel?

And...if it was for real property...well, doncha know every hectare in baja has been resold 10X for each existent piece of fee title!!

Barney - 2-11-2004 at 05:33 PM

David K. is right-on... If you put your hard earned money into Mexican property. Make sure it's no more than you are willing to cry over.

JEFE - 10-19-2005 at 10:06 PM

Can one get into Playa Coyote with a 31' Travel Trailer? My truck does have 4X4.

marla - 10-20-2005 at 10:47 AM

Let me tell you a PayPal story. I ordered and paid for a video camera through ebay, it was like $300 or so. I used my American Express. Well it was a fraud and I never got my video camera, and the seller never even responded once to my queries I protested the sale to both ebay and PayPal, which is supposed to have buyer protection for situations like this. After a brief time, PayPal sent me an email saying that, yes, I was the victim of fraud but too bad they could not recover any of my money. So what happened to the promised buyer protection they supposedly offered? Then, I protested the charge on my American Express card. As soon as PayPal got the notice from American Express that I was declining to pay the charges, they suddenly came to life and decided the fraud WAS covered under the buyer protection plan and they refunded my money. So I will still use Paypal because sometimes you have no choice, but I always use my American Express which will protect me and refuse to pay any charges that I dispute.

marla - 10-20-2005 at 10:50 AM

OK I just tried to copy and paste a photo from my laptop into this space but it didn't work. What am I doing wrong?

beachbum - 10-22-2005 at 05:24 PM

Bajataco-
I was wondering where that first sunset shot was taken...what a great spot. Thanks for the photos.
Have you ever been to Punta Colonet? Is it still preserved and peaceful as it used to be fifteen years ago?
Sandee

Spyderman - 10-27-2005 at 06:27 AM

Didn't load correctly for me.

Requeson Sunset

turtleandtoad - 10-27-2005 at 06:49 AM

Here's one I took from the steps of my RV

[Edited on 10-27-2005 by turtleandtoad]

[Edited on 10-27-2005 by turtleandtoad]

Another El Requeson shot

turtleandtoad - 10-27-2005 at 06:56 AM

This one is from the top of the island. My RV is on the far right.

bajalou - 10-27-2005 at 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by marla
OK I just tried to copy and paste a photo from my laptop into this space but it didn't work. What am I doing wrong?

You have to use the "Browse" button at the bottom fo the page, select the photo in your laptop and the hit "post" The picture has to be less than 50k or it will be rejected.

:biggrin:

bajataco - 1-12-2006 at 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by beachbum
Bajataco-
I was wondering where that first sunset shot was taken...what a great spot. Thanks for the photos.
Have you ever been to Punta Colonet? Is it still preserved and peaceful as it used to be fifteen years ago?
Sandee

I apologize that I never answered. I hadn't subscribed to this thread. That first shot was taken at Gonzaga Bay.

Nope I haven't been to Punta Colonet (passed through the town, but not to the beach). Sounds like you need to go check and see if it's still good :yes:

camping south of Mulege

kevinc - 3-9-2006 at 08:53 PM

So far we have camped at playa ecomundo and have rented some swanky, but expensive (180p) palapas. It is a very clean establishment called ecomundo. But having checked out the other palapa rentals on nearby beaches, I am happy to spend the extra $10 a night to get something pretty high end. We are going over to Bahia Magdelena next and will probably pitch the tent, but its been a nice intro to Baha so far!

Kevin
www.k2chronicles.com

cpg - 5-29-2006 at 04:38 PM

here is one