BajaNomad

Picacho del Diablo in May '06

bajaandy - 2-2-2006 at 10:56 AM

Trip planned to climb Big Picacho early in May. Drop me a U2U if you want to get in on the torture. Er, I mean FUN.

russell - 2-6-2006 at 09:58 PM

hi bajaandy that sounds fun e-mail me so i can get some info rdscb@cox.net

David K - 2-6-2006 at 10:04 PM

Andy, Russell is a cool dude... been to most of my Viva Baja parties! 'Baja Russ' on the old Amigos de Baja board.

Welcome to Nomad, Russ!!!

bajalou - 2-7-2006 at 08:44 AM

If you make the approach from the East, let me know how we can support yhour efforts.

bajaandy - 2-7-2006 at 09:25 AM

Russell,

Sent you a note to your addy with dates and info. Welcome to the Nomad Board! Sounds like you are getting a good review already from DK. I'll take his word for it.

Lou,

We are planning a western approach this year, but thanks mucho for the offer! However, I did want to get in touch with you about next months San Felipe 250. I know that a lot of the camps are filling up already. We're thinking about dragging the big toybox down, but not sure where we could park it for the race weekend. Any advice on that?

bajalou - 2-7-2006 at 09:46 AM

If you don't need hookups I might be able to get you a spot near my place - A friend's lot, just has septic hook up - no water or elect. Can't do a lot of tearing around in and out, just normal driving in a "residential" area. If that's OK, let me know and I'll see about it. Or I probably could get you a hookup spot at El Dorado's Cachanilla RV park. About 10-15 bucks a day if I set it up ahead. Email me your intrest.

bajaandy - 2-7-2006 at 10:02 AM

Thanks Lou, I'll email you about that so that we can get this thread back on topic.

April on San Pedro Martir

mcgyver - 2-7-2006 at 10:58 AM

I hope the weather is good for you! April '95.

bajaandy - 2-7-2006 at 11:23 AM

Well Mac, unless mother nature throws us a curve ball I'm betting that in this drought year we're not gonna' get that kind of weather. But you never know. As they say, "Only fools and dudes predict the weather". (You know, that dude that's on the Chanel 10 news every night.)

bajalou - 2-7-2006 at 12:23 PM

We've had snow on the Sierra around Diablo and north in March several times in the last few years.

bajaandy - 2-11-2006 at 07:58 AM

Don Jorge,

I've been in contact with Dez Rat, and he is checking his schedule. Hopefully he can make it. I hope you heal up fast and can join us also! Looks like we're on for the first weekend in May. I've been training and plan to ramp up the training schedule as the dates draw near.

Hopefully I'll get to meet Lou and Wornout next month at the San Felipe 250.

leadmoto - 3-28-2006 at 04:34 PM

One more month! The Big P is going down!!!