BajaNomad

Need some help...

jimmy smith - 11-2-2003 at 01:12 PM

When Madam Wenger and I were on our trip home a couple of weeks ago, we dropped in on Dona Anita Espinosa in El Rosario.
Dona Anita says that she is making up a photo album of her "heavy duty gringos" and says that she wants a photo of me for this album.
The requested favor is as follows: The best picture I have ever seen is a profile done by Gene Kira and published in Western Outdoor Magazine on a piece called Mexico"s Living Treasure. This photo cam be seen on Gene's Webpage-bajadestinations. com. Could one of you guys coming down please print this pix out and drop it off with my old Pal, Anita.
It might be that I wll never be in Rosario agian and I would like to be represented in that book. Anita and I looked up, We met 50 years ago last April
Jimmy Smith

Anonymous - 11-2-2003 at 02:28 PM

Dona Anita E

thebajarunner - 11-2-2003 at 06:23 PM

Jimmy, some time back I heard (about fourth hand, I guess) that Mama E. had passed away. Obviously that was an exaggeration.
So, how about a quick report on how she is doing. Would love to sit down with her and swap a few old time stories.

Baja VIda!!

jimmy smith - 11-2-2003 at 06:55 PM

Naw, Ole Anita is like some of the rest of us: not moving that fast but still kickin.
If one of you dudes southbound could print that pix that Anon-e-mus posted and drop it off for the old gal, I'll make it right when you show up on my front porch.
By the way, The old porch was garced by Mr. Norman K Christe and his lady, Maxine this after noon. Blew him away, I had a book on Baja California that he had never seen.

elgatoloco - 11-2-2003 at 07:26 PM

Don Jimmy, so good to see your voice. I can't wait to hear about your trip down the peninsula. It always feels like my first time, every time! You were in good hands, no doubt! If we are the first to go down we will be lucky to deliver a copy of said photo to Dona Anita Espinosa so that it would be us which were lucky enough to get that reward. Alas, I am sure someone will beat us to it!!

Saludos!

Mateo y Barbara

[Edited on 11-3-2003 by elgatoloco]

Ya Know........ This is gonna be Funny

Bedman - 11-3-2003 at 01:03 AM

Dona Anita Espinosa is going to have soooo many pictures of you, she's going to have to start selling them. My son and I are headed South on Monday so we'll drop one off, but I doubt we'll be the First OR the Last.

So good to have you back and posting.

As always,

Bedman