BajaNomad

Fine for not stopping

bajalou - 2-17-2006 at 09:25 AM

I am happy to report the fine for not completely stopping at a stop sign in San Felipe is 121.86 ---- pesos that is.

bajabound2005 - 2-17-2006 at 09:26 AM

No wonder no one bothers to stop.

The trip to the police station

Dianamo - 2-17-2006 at 09:38 AM

is very interesting..:o...especially if it is late on a Saturday evening!:wow::wow::wow:

I wish those traffic fines were the same here in CA!

DianaMo

vandenberg - 2-17-2006 at 12:27 PM

Even at that amount, if they would fine everyone in Mexico for making,so called, California stops, they would need a hundred cashiers at every police station to collect these fines. What revenue. Would be better then having to put up with a bunch of gringos for money.:P:P:P

meme - 2-17-2006 at 12:33 PM

Was this a recent experience Lou? lol lol!
Jim told me I'm gonna get it too one of these days, so now i know what to expect!!! Lol lol!

Tucker - 2-17-2006 at 12:40 PM

The fine for stopping at a stop sign in La Paz is likely a crumpled rear end.

Pompano - 2-17-2006 at 01:12 PM

If you stop legally in Mulege..you will suffer a whiplash at best. When in Rome......;)

bajalou - 2-17-2006 at 06:25 PM

Well, it was last night Meme, coming home from dinner in town. Saw them parked on Chemal and thought "guess their getting a taco" - a couple blocks later I saw the flashing lights. Stopped and he came up and said I hadn't completly stopped a couple blocks back - and Of course, I hadn't. Gave him my license and he said would keep it and go to the station> I told him I know whow it's done, thats OK, we'll follow you. He laughed and asked it I had done this before and I told him yes. He said "Many times?" and I said no just a few. Followed him and didn't have to stop at any of the Alto signs since he didn't. My wife and I laughed about that. At the station his partner - a new female, wrote the ticket, asking him how to fill it in. We chatted about a ex police chief I knew etc and I got the ticked went to the front to the Judge? He told me the fine, I paid and got receipt, showed it to the dispatcher and I'm on the way home again - 15-20 min from stop to go.

:o

jimgrms - 2-24-2006 at 08:06 AM

Got stopped in sf once for speeding and was let off with just a warning, must have been my lucky day, but wasn't going very fast