BajaNomad

Tacos Baja JR/Rosarito

Bob H - 2-17-2006 at 10:19 AM

My wife and I stopped in to Tacos Baja JR (formerly Tacos JR) for lunch yesterday. They specialize in Tacos de Pescado, Camaron, Mariscos y Tostadas de Ceviche, etc. They have a specialty item they call "Nuestro Taco Quesaron" - absolutely outstanding. It's a shrimp taco not to be missed that has melted cheese within. Simply delicious! You must stop by and try this. We will definately go back again. It is located just south of the AM/PM Pemex exit on the southern end of Rosarito at KM 28.8. Just south of that exit on the beach side of the road. Nice place to relax in a small sit-down area inside and parking right in front.
Bob H
PS: They also serve ice cold cerveza!

More Keyboard Drool

bajajudy - 2-17-2006 at 10:59 AM

Does anyone know how to get this stuff off. Liquid air just blows it up onto the display.:biggrin::(:biggrin:

Bruce R Leech - 2-17-2006 at 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajudy
Does anyone know how to get this stuff off. Liquid air just blows it up onto the display.:biggrin::(:biggrin:

just put some chili salsa on it and lick it off:lol:

woody with a view - 2-17-2006 at 08:45 PM

thanks Bob, i'll check it out real soon....
Quote:

"Nuestro Taco Quesaron"

mmmmmm......

Bob H - 2-18-2006 at 10:22 AM

Just so you know, the shrimp (a lot of it) in this particular taco is not breaded and fried, but instead it is grilled, placed in the taco and then heated to melt the cheese - then the chopped cabbage, cilantro, tomatos, etc are then added. Use the GREEN SAUCE to each bite and you will be in heaven. But, you must also have a cerveza to make it perfecto!
Bob H

[Edited on 2-18-2006 by Bob H]

Nuestro Taco Quesaron

The Gull - 2-18-2006 at 04:19 PM

Be still my heart...or is that a heart stopper. Agree with the assessment of JR's.

Drive down a little further on the same side of the road and have a Shrimp c-cktail at Tijuana Juniors.

wornout - 2-18-2006 at 08:09 PM

Since we are talking about keyboard drool, here goes. We are in San Felipe and can't get down for those tacos so I thought I would throw in information about my latest creation.

Yesterday was our weekly desert run and coming back through town I stopped and got Carnitas for two to take home for dinner (my wife was not with me). Well today for lunch, I took the leftover carnitas and put it in a pan, then I added some BBQ sauce. I heated up a couple of local baked sandwich rolls and scooped in the BBQ Carnitas meat. WOW, was it good.

David K - 2-18-2006 at 08:46 PM

Well Bob, you got my attention!!! When do we meet you there? Is tomorrow afternoon too soon?!! LOL

Wornout... Please post of any off road adventures... Muchas gracias!

Bob H - 2-19-2006 at 09:46 AM

David,
These particular tacos are really good. I might rate them a little above Taco's Yaqui taste buds - very close indeed. Let me know when you want to meet up and we will be there.
Bob H :P