BajaNomad

Aero California discount airfare

Phil S - 2-23-2006 at 07:46 PM

The special discount event ends tomarrow night. Something like 35% off including the tax. Loreto to Guadalajara rt is $320.00 u.s. per person

Pompano - 2-24-2006 at 08:29 AM

I have an interesting story I like to tell about AeroCalifornia.

Way back when I used to smoke, I liked flying AeroCalifornia because all I had to do was hold my lighted cigarette up to the fuselage and the smoke would be instantly whisked away through the gaps!!

comitan - 2-24-2006 at 12:17 PM

Lencho

I don't know about the rumor, but i've been told that the large building being built on 5 Feb. just down from Mc Donalds, is going to be their main offices.

capt. mike - 2-24-2006 at 03:35 PM

US air, nee America West.......purportedly is very interested in obtaining a mex carrier since they (amwest) are already operating shuttles in sonora and jets to gold coast cities. I chat with them all the time while monitoring mazatlan center when crossing the cortez.

bajajudy - 2-24-2006 at 03:43 PM

FYI
You can usually get a package deal when flying into GDL on either Aero or Mexicana that will include a room for the first night and your flight for less than the published fares. Just be careful which hotel. Aero put me in one where my first move was to the office to see if they had safety deposit boxes.
If you just ask for a flight, most travel agents will book you without asking if you might want a package deal and they seem to be the cheapest way to fly within Mexico IMHO

new training for Aerocalifornia flight attendants

fdt - 2-24-2006 at 03:51 PM

They are now instructed to tell passengers before take off instead of the usual " if a sudden presure change ocurrs in the cabin the oxigen masks instaled in the overhead bins will drop" , The rosaries will drop.:no::no:

Yep, it's Loreto!

Juan del Rio - 2-24-2006 at 05:26 PM

Just flew back yesterday from Loreto to LAX on Alaska Airlines for the first time. It was very nice. Price was almost the same as Aero California. I checked this afternoon for some dates in May for LAX/LTO/LAX and the fare difference was $17.00 more on Alaska; although Alaska has a better time schedule for me. I asked the booking agent on Aero California about their promotion sale and he said it was good until February 28th.

As a side note, it was really strange/odd to see Mickey Mouse on the tarmac in Loreto yesterday!

marla - 2-27-2006 at 03:37 PM

Well that's good info to have about Aero California, we will use up our tix to Loreto this week and then hang on to see what happens. We are flying Alaska nonstop to Cancun next month to take advantage of cheap tickets in the wake of Wilma, I have never flown Alaska before but my kids will like Mickey Mouse.

msawin - 2-27-2006 at 11:29 PM

I bought a one way ticket two weeks ago, Loreto to LAX for $140.00 on thier Thursday flight out. Sunday was $360.00. Going down in two weeks on Alaskan. First time not on Areo Cal. Round trip just a few dollars more than Areo Cal but easy on thier web site...... Marty