BajaNomad

back and forth

Phil C - 2-24-2006 at 03:03 PM

What is the spanish term for "back and forth" (whitch should be forth and back) as in throwing a ball or going someplace?

Pompano - 2-24-2006 at 03:27 PM

try this.....'Ir y venir'??? I just asked mi amigo Manuel, but he is not a professor, just a righteous dude.

[Edited on 2-25-2006 by Pompano]

Paula - 2-24-2006 at 04:39 PM

My trusty dictionary says de aca para alla (accent marks on the 2nd "a" in aca and alla; I need to learn to type accents on my keyboard, but I,m lazy about this. Please excuse me :rolleyes:). For throwing a ball you could use uno a otro, one to another. Aca pa' alla would be more place to place.

Paula - 2-24-2006 at 04:43 PM

Oops! Also please excuse the word rolleyes by my smilie face. As a humble newbie, I hope to someday figure out how to make a respectable looking post! Don keeps showing me things very patiently, but I'm a computer klutz!

fdt - 2-24-2006 at 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil C
What is the spanish term for "back and forth" (whitch should be forth and back) as in throwing a ball or going someplace?

Ir y venir. Va y ven. Va y viene. Para alla y para aca (payipaca) Fue y vino. Give me a sentence and I will help you better

Laying in the palapa's hammock one afternoon...

Mexray - 2-24-2006 at 08:20 PM

...I watched the large, brown spider crawl back and forth beneath the eaves as it constructed it's latest insect trap.

[Edited on 2-25-2006 by Mexray]

Spider....back and forth

Pompano - 2-25-2006 at 06:01 AM

Mexray...beautiful...simply 'Baja'...back and forth endlessly.

probably too Espanolish and not enough Mexicano:

'El poner en la hamaca de los palapa una tarde... ...I mir? el arrastre grande, marr?n de la ara?a hacia adelante y hacia atr?s debajo de los aleros mientras que lo construy? es la trampa m?s ?ltima del insecto.'

[Edited on 2-25-2006 by Pompano]

Phil C - 2-25-2006 at 10:09 AM

Thanks everybody, I've got plenty to choose from. I kinda like the spider story.....

Roger,

Mexray - 2-25-2006 at 11:31 AM

...I see you're up with the Pelicanos this morning...thanks for the translation!

I've got to get out my tanning lamp so I can turn 'tan' with envy, as I read of all you Nomad's there on the beach, living another 'crappy' day in paradise!

We'll be down to join you about the 20th of March...can't wait...now where did I put my flip-flops, oops, left em' outside and will have to scrape the ice off and thaw em' out first!

[Edited on 2-25-2006 by Mexray]