BajaNomad

Taller/mechanico/Yonke alert for Debra

Santiago - 2-26-2006 at 06:41 AM

Debra: In anticipation of your Baja road trip this week I have called the Green Angeles and they in turn have sent a penisula-wide bulletin to all tallers, mechanicos and yonkes to stock up on spare engines and trannies. Rest assured that the automotive repair community is ready for your visit.
Your welcome.

Skeet/Loreto - 2-26-2006 at 08:55 AM

Debra; As I Buy and Sell Trucks here in Texas on a part time Basis, I would gladly find you a Vehicle that will take you on many trouble Free Trips.
in Fact i have one right now which according to my many years on the Road would

be Ideal for you
1995 ford 150 4wd 6 cylinder-98,000 miles and will go another 98,000before you will have to do any work.
Let me Know!!

Debra - 2-26-2006 at 01:43 PM

Very funny guys....but, I'll have you know my "4Runner from Hell" in now brand new and doing just fine. :P

However, Jim.....thanks for the Green Angel alert, I'm bringing my aging Moho down to "plant" hope I get it there. :o :o

Wow Debra!

Sallysouth - 2-26-2006 at 03:45 PM

How long has it been since your Moho went south? Where are you going and for how long? Buena Suerte Amiga, and enjoy your trip! Sally

bajalera - 2-26-2006 at 04:33 PM

Have a good trip, Debra!

4baja - 2-26-2006 at 06:39 PM

santiago, we may leave tuesday now instead of wensday. it sounds like the fishing has picked up and the weathers calm. see you down there.:bounce::coolup:

Debra - 2-27-2006 at 10:24 AM

Steve, have you heard what the weather is like, I can't raise Doc. or anybody down there to get an idea.....temp. wise I mean.

[Edited on 2-27-2006 by Debra]

4baja - 2-28-2006 at 07:21 AM

hey deb, when we get a low pressure moveing through here the north wind useualy will turn to the west and thats what were hopeing for. doc should be there on saterday, we should be there thursday. see you there.:bounce::coolup:

David A. - 3-1-2006 at 06:17 AM

Debra,
Yvonne and I will be there Thursday. Make sure you stop by and say hello.:yes:

David K - 3-1-2006 at 09:09 AM

When you guys get back, please let us know what the camping status is at Gecko? How many cabins are still being rented (deluxe and rustic) by the day. I also emailed Doc with questions about the proposed monthly only rental of cabins, but not heard back.

I understand the desire of Doc to get out of managing a campground with all the duties that requires... But, until that happens I hope we 'non-resident' Nomads can still camp with our Gecko resident friends!

Mike Humfreville - 3-2-2006 at 10:38 PM

Maryann and Mike will be down mid to end of next week, staying until June or July.............Maryann wants to know what everyone's tentative plans are for how long you are all staying. Thanks, Debra

the Baja Boyz bring 2 mechanics with us

BajaVida - 3-2-2006 at 11:06 PM

Debra, we will need to meet sometime

and Mike H--hope to see you at Gecko in early April