BajaNomad

Baja Fire

Keri - 11-6-2003 at 09:09 AM

Mike and I drove out to San Antonio de Las Minas yesterday to check and see if our favorite place "The Nursery" was ok. Thank heavens the little town was spared. The hills behind were blackned and we have heard 10 homes were lost but all in all they faired well. I called Domecq and talked to Minerva(the lovely lady that conducted the winetasting at the booksigning) she said the fire did not make it out that far and Domecq and LA Cetto and the valley were fine. We could kind of see where the fires stopped and I believe La Ja would be ok also but that is not verified. Hope that helps clairfy alittle. k :bounce: PS someone is opening a new "Nursey/restuarant right as you turn the corner off the hiway about a block or 2 then to the right. We followed the signs but noone was there. It is not finished yet.k

[Edited on 11-6-2003 by Keri]

Baja Bernie - 11-6-2003 at 06:56 PM

Keri,
So glad the monster spared San Antonio de las Minos. A wonderful place. Thanks again for putting us up at the Pyramid as we waited for the fires to abate.

Bob H - 11-7-2003 at 08:30 AM

This is GREAT NEWS about the Nursery restaurant and the little town of San Antonio de Las Minas!
Bob H :bounce: