BajaNomad

Where to stay in BOLA?

cymeryss - 3-13-2006 at 11:45 PM

I myself are a camping guy, and don't need any special accomodations, but my folks decided to head down to BOLA in about a month, instead of their usual San Felipe-Puertocitos strech. They are taking their fishing poles and 'friends' which don't camp as much, and are looking for some more comfortable accomodations. No hotels, but improved palapas/cabins, and such. Can anybody direct me to some of those spots in BOLA and how to make reservations if possible. The only place I found is Doc's camp Gecko, but am sure there must be others, maybe a private rental? They are looking to stay 3-4 days. Any help appreciated. I will be heading to BOLA in a couple of weeks but with my tent and saco.

David K - 3-14-2006 at 12:07 AM

Daggett's for cabins... Raquel & Larry's for motel or house rental, Costa del Sol for motel in town.

cymeryss - 3-14-2006 at 09:16 AM

Thanks David. Any contact info for Daggett, or is first come first serve? Also, they might interested in a house rental, any contact info for Raquel and Larry? Thanks.

David K - 3-14-2006 at 09:24 AM

Gee, off the top of my head Raquel and Larry's is bahiatours@yahoo.com and Daggett's has a web site... http://www.campdaggetts.com with Reuben's email listed there.

[Edited on 3-14-2006 by David K]

Diver - 3-14-2006 at 09:31 AM

We found Daggetts to be fairly expensive for what you get and the food at Raquel and Larry's was fair, at best. Of course, we weren't drinking; I'm sure the food would be better after a few beers !!

There must be someplace better ??? :?:

David K - 3-14-2006 at 09:40 AM

Yes, for food Las Hamacas was always good... and China's taco stand was always excellent (near Las Hamacas, infront of the market/ long distance phone/ Internet store Lizeth's (sp?)...)

Camp Gecko has been my first choice for cabins, palapas, camping... very inexpensive and we Nomads meet up there.

Diver - 3-14-2006 at 10:02 AM

Thanks Dk.

Anyone stayed at Casa Diaz ? I her they have rooms, cabins and palapas for camping ??

I just heard that new stickers were delivered to my Phoenix address and will be forwarded to me soon. Our new vehicles will appreciate the window dressing ! Thanks again !!

Mike Supino - 3-14-2006 at 11:11 AM

We usually stay at Casa Diaz. Large rooms on the sand with patios. Hot water was sometimes iffy. Incredible sun rises from the rooms or patios. Priced about $30-40 per night.
No contact information that I am aware of.

aha baja - 3-14-2006 at 11:30 AM

Last post that I read at docs site said he wasn't taking any resevations at Gecko at that time.

BOLABOUND - 3-14-2006 at 09:20 PM

Daggetts campsite is the spot for me.....

rubendaggett@hotmail.com and he will get back to you.

Cabanas $35 a night two queens and a hot shower 30ft from the beach.

CAmping $5 per person a night and you get a hot shower to but you have to walk 50 paces.

really cool dude to talk to. If you go tell him Armando says hi. Thanks

burritomama - 3-16-2006 at 09:26 AM

Also, two cabins are often available at Campo Archelon (turtle camp) run by Antonio and Bety Resendiz.

Diver - 3-16-2006 at 11:12 AM

Daggetts tried to charge us $18 for two adults and two kids to camp for the night with no hook-up. Just luke warm showers. The place was more than half empty and the restaurant was closed. I was not impressed.