BajaNomad

Dog Friendly hotels/motels Guerrero Negro

Jack Swords - 3-16-2006 at 12:50 PM

It's time to head back to the states next week from La Paz. On the way down we found that Motel Don Gus in GN no longer allows dogs. We have stayed there for 7 years coming and going. We patronize dog friendly places with or without our dog. We have our dog with us. So, we are looking at an alternative in GN for our exceedingly well behaved miniature Aussie (and us). San Ignacio is good (Rice & Beans, SI Bed and Breakfast), but we hope to get to GN the first day from La Paz (extra hour of daylight, etc.) So many Nomads travel with dogs, I hope we can get some current info. Thanks.

Diver - 3-16-2006 at 01:00 PM

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=6345#pid47150

losfrailes - 3-16-2006 at 01:50 PM

No need to go to the other thread, it is Posada de Don Vicente. Nice place, clean rooms and secure parking.

comitan - 3-16-2006 at 02:09 PM

The place to eat is next door Cazaderos, economical and good the seafood soup.

Pompano - 3-16-2006 at 02:24 PM

Malarimo's Motel and Restaurant....we stayed there the last two trips and the dogs were everywhere. I am pretty sure there was one in our room most of the night.

comitan - 3-16-2006 at 03:30 PM

Pompano

I have read on another board that the Malarimo's Rest. Is Very expensive and has gone down hill.

Don Alley - 3-16-2006 at 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
Malarimo's Motel and Restaurant....we stayed there the last two trips and the dogs were everywhere. I am pretty sure there was one in our room most of the night.

Last year, about October 1st, we stopped at Malarimo and they pointed to a sign behind the check-in desk saying that it is illegal to have dogs in the rooms. They made us leave our dog in the car overnight.

bajabound2005 - 3-16-2006 at 03:50 PM

La Pinta accepts dogs -- www.lapintahotels.com

bajajudy - 3-16-2006 at 03:52 PM

Malarrimo has a sign above the check-in desk that says there will be 250peso fine for dogs in the room. I have never heard of anyone getting fined but the sign is there.
Funny, there were 2 in our room the last time we stayed there.

OOPS I let that one sit too long

[Edited on 3-16-2006 by bajajudy]

Bob and Susan - 3-16-2006 at 04:04 PM

Jack here is the spot...

Boat-Friendly
Dog-Friendly

NOT fancy but clean
Guard at shack in middle ALL nite.

Jack Swords - 3-17-2006 at 11:02 AM

Thanks folks,

Don Vicente it is. I'll mention the referrals from this board as I sign in. Leaving 80 - 85 degree days in La Paz for a much cooler San Luis Obispo.

comitan...about the Malarrimo cafe prices..?

Pompano - 3-17-2006 at 12:13 PM

Y'know, I don't think they were too far out of line at all. Course, somebody bought us breakfast the last time we were there so I guess that doesn't count, right? But I really don't remember being offended by any higher than usual pricing over the last 25 years or so. I will pay better attention next trip through.

I know I miss those delicious abalone dinners from a long time ago!

I DO remember that the gift shop adjacent is full of great gift ideas for my wife.:rolleyes: She loves these pots that border Rudolfo's painting.