BajaNomad

No More Jungle Jim's?

Bob H - 3-17-2006 at 03:52 PM

Jungle Jim's is now Jungla? New owners? Are there still killer chile rellenos on Thursdays? Those were to die for. For those in the know, please give us an update on this place. Any changes, etc.
Bob H

Bob H...update on La Jungla..aka Jungle Jims'...aka Steve & Almas...aka Spencers..aka..Paco & Rosies....aka Ladies Bar....aka I forget

Pompano - 3-17-2006 at 04:02 PM

Well, Bob...as you can see, the Jungla has had a few different names over the years.

But not to fear, it is still open and serving those delicious chili rellenos on Thursday nights. Good to come early or make a reservation as the place gets packed.

Bon Appetite!

[Edited on 3-18-2006 by Pompano]

Bob H - 3-17-2006 at 04:39 PM

I never will forget this place after eating there about four nights in one week, including Thursday night. Here was the sign out front about three years ago...

Bob H - 3-17-2006 at 04:41 PM

...and Relaxing at the Bar inside!
Bob and Audrey H

rpleger - 3-17-2006 at 07:37 PM

Same old Jungle, same customers, same BS at the bar.

Barts had the place since Jimmy died.

bajabound2005 - 3-17-2006 at 10:06 PM

donde esta?

Pompano - 3-18-2006 at 08:21 AM

It is in MULEGE.

Directions to La Jungla Jim's in Mulege:

Driving south on highway continue PAST the 'Y' intersection to downtown...go past old 'Orchard' ...about 1/4 mile see roadside sign for Jungle Jim's or La Jungla Jim's.

Follow the smell of chile rellonos on any Thursday night. And don't worry, the old grass roof burned down a couple years ago!...but THAT'S a whole different story..

Bob H - 3-18-2006 at 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
And don't worry, the old grass roof burned down a couple years ago!...but THAT'S a whole different story..

I hear that is one pretty good story too as to why the place burned to the ground a few years ago. Please tell it if you know what happened... :wow:
Bob H

Bob and Susan - 3-18-2006 at 12:36 PM

yea... we would like to hear it (read) too....

Lindalou - 3-20-2006 at 10:33 AM

It's still good ol Jungle Jim's. Still great rellenos on Thurs. We had St. Pattys day dinner there and it was great!:bounce:

capt. mike - 3-20-2006 at 11:39 AM

we just had st. pats day there........unfrickin real corned beef!!!!!!!!!!!!!

huge crowd, big partay............jameson's was flowing too.