BajaNomad

Hotel suggestions for Guerrero Negro & Loretto

sanfelipebob - 3-17-2006 at 09:28 PM

Please give some info on Quick over night and back on the road stops. Thanks

bajabound2005 - 3-17-2006 at 10:05 PM

For Guerrero Negro, La Pinta Hotel, the parador of Mexico. www.lapintahotels.com and the allow pets.

Bug - 3-18-2006 at 05:41 AM

What is your price rate that you are looking for at these place, and would you say you wanted to stay in something like a Motel 6 or better.

sanfelipebob - 3-18-2006 at 06:40 AM

50 or 60 a night would be nice

Bob and Susan - 3-18-2006 at 06:55 AM

Bob here is the spot...

Boat-Friendly
Dog-Friendly

NOT fancy but clean
Guard at shack in middle ALL nite.

$20 last time i stayed

La Pinta is not a good choice

BajaRob - 3-18-2006 at 06:55 AM

Ten of us stayed there last March while on a whale watching excusion. The rooms are worn out, dirty and most had a foul odor. The rooms @ Malarrimo were clean and much nicer and half the price of La Pinta.

losfrailes - 3-18-2006 at 07:40 AM

There is no better choice for the money in Guerrero Negro than Posadas de Don Vicente. Clean rooms, good price (about 20 bucks), PEOPLE friendly too, and complete security.

[Edited on 3-18-2006 by losfrailes]

bajalou - 3-18-2006 at 07:47 AM

Posadas de Don Vicente is a great spot.

Phil S - 3-18-2006 at 07:51 AM

My vote is also for Don Vincente. Many stops there over the years. The price is great. Security is great, and a small restaurant on premises so you don't have to drive downtown. Nothing outstanding in the way of tastes.

Bob and Susan - 3-18-2006 at 07:56 AM

This is for overnite ONLY..

bajajudy - 3-18-2006 at 08:25 AM

La Pinta in Loreto is clean and right on the beach. And they take dogs.
I think it is around 850pesos

Paula - 3-18-2006 at 09:08 AM

Easiest to find in Loreto: Come straight down the main drag to Plaza Loreto, on the right. We stayed there in2001, and it was very nice then. I assume it still is, as it looks the same. I would guess rates now are about $45 to $60. Across the street is Hotel Junipero, which costs less, looks charming, but I think the rooms aren't as nice, thoughI haven't heard negative things. Parking for both is on-street, which I think is reasonably safe in this part of Loreto. Some might not agree.
Around the corner is Cafe Ole, great for breakfast (not fast), and OK for dinner. Upstairs is La Terraza- a good place for a nice dinner. Both are closed Sunday. The desk people at Plaza Loreto will do all they can to get you to eat at Tio Lupe's up the street, but La Terraza is MUCH beter.
Iguana Inn is the greatest, but harder to get a last minute room. They are usually booked ahead. You can see them at Iguanainn.com. All hotels in Baja will show you the room before you agree to it.
Have a good, safe trip!

Hotel Quinta San Francisco across from the marina

Keri - 3-18-2006 at 10:34 AM

. $40.00 a night . nice clean rooms. hotelquintasanfrancisco@prodigy.net.mx. Great place. k:yes::yes: