BajaNomad

Air Fare to Loreto

awfulart - 3-19-2006 at 05:09 PM

My son and I are considering a quick trip to Loreto to look at property and in looking at Air Fares the best I could come with from So. California was around $600.00 a piece round trip.. I recentlly flew to Germany for less than that but of course fares are based on many variables such as time of year, traffic load etc.

I thought $600.00 was a little high. Can anyone make a recommedation. I thought flying out of Tijuana would have an effect but no dice.. Fare was still around $600.00

airfare

tehag - 3-19-2006 at 05:16 PM

Check Aerocalifornia. If you don't mind flying from LAX they are usually under $300. Alaska also flies from LAX for way less than $600. Aeromexico flies from San Diego and thier fares drop from around $700 to $350 or so in the last week before the flight if they aren't booked.

jerry - 3-19-2006 at 05:17 PM

perhaps its the time or the year or the days of the week but i go to loreto from oregon every year for about $468.00
try different dates. alaska air. flying out of LA or sanDeago is where most carrers fly from might try priceline.com or cheap tickets good luck and have a good one jerry

Bob and Susan - 3-19-2006 at 05:26 PM

try capt mike....

http://www.flybaja.com/

he's better than you would think..his email is at the bottom of the page

awfulart - 3-19-2006 at 06:02 PM

Thank you all. This information will be most helpful. Perhaps some day I will meet some of you Nomads

Phil C - 3-19-2006 at 07:20 PM

Aero Mexico San Diego to Loreto 3-23 return 3-30 $335

djh - 3-19-2006 at 08:28 PM

Maybe because of the spring break factor, rates are up a bit...?? I've had good luck with Alaska...

awfulart - 3-19-2006 at 08:45 PM

I just went to Aero Mexicos web site for a flight leaving on 3-23 and returning on 3/30 and the price was $3,702.00 Something wrong here.

one person, round trip, San Diego to Loreto and back. Whoa!!!!

Sallysouth - 3-19-2006 at 08:48 PM

I have been flying Alaska lately and they are my favorites so far! Not too long ago(a year or so) I flew AreoCalifornia From San Diego and it was the longest trip ever! I flew to Costa Rica in half the time it took me to get to Loreto! Evidently, they did not have enuf people booked on the flight to make it worthwhile for them so they put us up at a motel in San Diego for the nite, bussed us to TJ the next morning, flew us to La PAZ, and took us by van to Loreto!! The whole trip took two whole days to get there! I swore I would NEVER fly with them again, and I have'nt !! Also, Alaska Air charges 5 bucks per drink and and another 5 for a huge cheeseburger.Clean and smooth flights, nice crews, good brands of vodka, and other choices,altho I would rather fly Screaming Airlines any day!! Hey Capt.Mike, whatcha doing next week?Wanna take a little trip to BAJA?

awfulart - 3-19-2006 at 08:54 PM

Estupido, that is what I am. I did not notice they quoted in Pesos. I guess we live an learn. price in dollars around $370.00 I should have taken a little more time in looking at this.

Sallysouth - 3-19-2006 at 09:21 PM

I dunno, that still seems kinda pricey.Are you checking thru Cheap Tickets or Travelocity?
:?:

capt. mike - 3-20-2006 at 11:42 AM

Art, i got your email - we got delayed a day fighting snow and icing enroute to nogales sunday and had to go far to eastern AZ. just got back to phx an hour ago.

call me.