BajaNomad

First Time Entering Baja-Advice PLease

SCOTT1234 - 3-21-2006 at 03:22 PM

Hello to All -- You have inspired me to make the drive
I really have enjoyied reading all the great information from this fourm and will be heading down to Puerto Escondido to launch my 26' sail boat on April 11, 06 My biggest concern right now is entering at Tijuana. With my boat and truck I'll be almost 60' long and I can't afford to be in a wrong lane. Also, besides my sail boat, I'll be bringing in a small inflatable dinghy and a honda ei2000 genorator for the month I'll be down there. I have all the Mexican insurances, registrations, tourist permits, fishing licenses for the truck and boats. Three questions: Do I need to declare anything (i don't quite understand this) ?? and is it well posted as I'm entering the boarder area and beyond which lanes I should be in ?? and finally, is there a great time to be at the border crossing on tuesday ie. 5am, 4am thanks in advance for any advice

Scott

Bob and Susan - 3-21-2006 at 03:48 PM

Just drive over...they'll know what you're doing.

Try to be in the second lane not the fast lane as that's the one that turns to the toll road.

At the border you'll only need your registration IF they ask....

Have FUN!!!

jerry - 3-21-2006 at 07:39 PM

pass port or positive id for everyone
relax and have a great time jerry

Bob and Susan - 3-21-2006 at 07:48 PM

thats only to get back in the USA...

matbe they won't want to come back:lol:

rpleger - 3-21-2006 at 09:06 PM

Have a great time. don't sweat it and enjoy Baja.

elgatoloco - 3-21-2006 at 09:10 PM

5 Am is good. It's early and there is daylight so you can see the righthand turn onto the border road just after you cross the river.

Have fun!

firts timer

BAJACAT - 3-21-2006 at 09:45 PM

If you find your self in loreto, try El Nido restaurant and try the sautee clams(chocolata),. have fun Amigo..:yes:

Sallysouth - 3-21-2006 at 10:13 PM

As Elgatoloco said,right lane after you cross over the river,and the last sign says" Playas de Tijuana".That will be your exit,stay in the far RIGHT lane,and you will have to merge with oncoming traffic before(or on) the bridge in order to make that exit with the length you have.Hope you have plenty of H.P.to pull up the border fence road and of course, very good brakes! Suerte!

[Edited on 3-22-2006 by Sallysouth]