BajaNomad

Catavina lodging

Cardon Man - 3-31-2006 at 08:51 AM

Is La Pinta the only place to stay in Catavina? Other options? Thanks in advance...

Packoderm - 3-31-2006 at 09:09 AM

Isn't there a rose colored motel across the street call La Rosa or somthing to that effect?

Cardon Man - 3-31-2006 at 09:17 AM

Pack, I though i remembered the motel you mentioned. Just wasn't sure. I'm headed down there this morning. Kinda wondering what my options were. La Pinta is expensive...and booked. What up at Rancho Santa Ynez?

wilderone - 3-31-2006 at 09:27 AM

There are some very basic rooms at Rcho Santa Ynez - concrete block type, no frills. But inexpensive. If you're arriving late, you won't miss the comforts of an expensive hotel room, and in the morning, you can have a nice breakfast outside (or inside the restaurant), with typical Baja ambiance, and maybe take a short walk into the Mexican Fan Palm studded arroyo.

David K - 3-31-2006 at 09:33 AM

Rancho Santa Ynez has bunk house rooms with showers... often you will be the only one there... food served there too... save $70!

The motel in Catavi?a is across the highway from La Pinta and north a bit. I can't recall the name either, but 'Motel Linda' seems close??

Cardon Man - 3-31-2006 at 09:37 AM

Thanks for the info. I think Santa Ynez sounds about right. Off to Baja in a few minutes!...

David K - 3-31-2006 at 09:42 AM

Have a great trip Cardon Man... Lot's of photo opps there!

DEVEAU - 3-31-2006 at 11:07 AM

I beleive it's Motel Gloria, the pink one. We stayed there last weekend as the La Pnta was full. $35.00 for the room, 3 guys. Room is basic but the food was great, classic Mexican of all things.