BajaNomad

DRiWATER... landscape water supplement

Shimmer - 4-12-2006 at 11:03 AM

Does any one have knowledge of where I can get DRiWATER... a chemical package/supplement that reduces watering demand by a slow release mechanism.... used in dry climate such as we have. Looking for source in Cabo or La Paz area.

Steve

driwater.com?.............

neilm - 4-12-2006 at 12:16 PM

it says you can order direct; but ship to Cabo?

[Edited on 4-12-2006 by neilm]

[Edited on 4-12-2006 by neilm]

Bruce R Leech - 4-14-2006 at 07:24 AM

try this

http://www.driwater.com/site.html

Martyman - 7-6-2007 at 04:03 PM

Does this stuff really work. How much would you need for a palm tree?

Dri-water san lucas

elskel - 7-12-2007 at 09:32 PM

I believe the rainbird irrigation store has this product. just east of the pacifico agency.
brian

Mexitron - 7-13-2007 at 10:47 AM

Shimmer--never used that particular product although I had so-so results with other gel type products that came out in the late 80s--don't know if this is just reformulated or what.

What has really been saving us water out here in the summer heat of Texas has been a very thick layer of mulch around the plants--works like a charm--the soil here is clay so it stops the soil's wicking action and keeps all that water locked in for the plant to use.

mtgoat666 - 7-13-2007 at 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Shimmer
Does any one have knowledge of where I can get DRiWATER... a chemical package/supplement that reduces watering demand by a slow release mechanism.... used in dry climate such as we have. Looking for source in Cabo or La Paz area.

Steve

I tried a few of these "moisture" holding soil supplements here in mmy so cal garden, and pants in those beds performed worse than nonamended soil. These "moisture" soil amendments kind of ruin the soil for native pants (i.e. natives won't thrive). OK for pots, and maybe for other plants. Try native plants, and mulch to maintain plants in firt few years.

Martyman - 7-13-2007 at 12:08 PM

I'd like to grow & get into some of those native pants!