BajaNomad

fishing rich - i want to hunt in baja

capt. mike - 11-14-2003 at 06:48 AM

talk to me amigo - how can i get my gun in?
want to shoot geese ( brandt) in SQ sometime??

Skeet/Loreto - 11-14-2003 at 03:25 PM

Capt/ Mike.
Sir may I suggest that you do not bring a Gun into Mexico.If you would like to hunt contact some one in Baja who is in the business who will supply you with Lic. amd a Gun.
I would not like to recover you are your Airplane as I have done on several occasions in years past.
It may be that Jimmy Smith or Dave Deal can also urge you to Go Local.Skeet/Loreto

trust me Skeet!! last thing I'll do....no hoosegows

capt. mike - 11-14-2003 at 08:04 PM

for this pirate!

Yeah, I'll rent my firearms from those that do the biz! Sure wish someone would develop a concession again for SQ!

hunting

fishinrich - 11-16-2003 at 03:05 PM

capt. You need to live here to get the permits to posses and transport guns. You are only allowed to transport in a total of 5 states in mexico. I chose bcn & bcs plus 3 on the mainland. Paperwork this year was tougher than usual. All hunting licenses were issued from mexico city and the transportation permits by the general in la paz. And no more open hunting in baja. I am now restricted to private ranches that issue permits. As far as san quintin there is no more duck hunting there. I go over to los mochis and hunt with PT hunting for ducks. It costs 280dls a day plus 16dls per box of shells throw in a plane ticket from la paz and food and lodging plus the excellent adult night life in los mochis. fishin rich

ok - i'm in.... we can fly my bird to go kill

capt. mike - 11-16-2003 at 08:26 PM

some birds! i want to know more about that excellent adult night life in los mochis!! send me a private e mail please, you've planted a seed to my curiosity amigo - i must now have just the facts sir!!