BajaNomad

THANKS

comitan - 4-24-2006 at 02:51 PM

I would like to give a hearty thank you to a fellow Nomad (fdt) Fernando and his charming family, though thanks is not enough. He took us in for the 5-7 days it would take to get the importation on our car. When that turned into 2Weeks,we still felt welcome. When we left only to limp back with a blown transmission, the kids cheered and Fernando embraced us saying "this is your home of course you're here" and took us in for three more days while our transmission was being repaired. He made our problem his problem and helped us work it out. We can't thank him and his family enough.

Wiley & Carol

[Edited on 4-24-2006 by comitan]

bajajudy - 4-24-2006 at 03:27 PM

That is a great story, Comi.
Are you back home safe and sound now?

Let's hear it for Fernando! :bounce:

WOW

vgabndo - 4-24-2006 at 04:01 PM

..........just......WOW.

oladulce - 4-24-2006 at 06:19 PM

After reading fdt's story of their harrowing experience and rescue attempt of the stranded geologists in the desert, their hospitality seems true to their character. They sound like a couple of gems.

Ferna de Tijuana... un buen amigo!

David K - 4-24-2006 at 06:36 PM

Fernando (Ferna) is a good man... I met him 6 years ago and have since enjoyed his hospitality in Rosarito at the hotel he once operated and again in Tijuana when we enjoyed a dinner together... phone calls and emails since then...

Nomads have a friend indeed in Sr. Ferna...

Here is Fernando the day we met...

Bruce R Leech - 4-24-2006 at 07:04 PM

Wiley & Carol I am glade you got back OK .

Thanks Fernando and family for helping our good Nomad Friend.

[Edited on 4-25-2006 by Bruce R Leech]

fdt - 4-24-2006 at 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
I would like to give a hearty thank you to a fellow Nomad (fdt) Fernando and his charming family, though thanks is not enough. He took us in for the 5-7 days it would take to get the importation on our car. When that turned into 2Weeks,we still felt welcome. When we left only to limp back with a blown transmission, the kids cheered and Fernando embraced us saying "this is your home of course you're here" and took us in for three more days while our transmission was being repaired. He made our problem his problem and helped us work it out. We can't thank him and his family enough.

Wiley & Carol

From all of us, You are welcome mi amigo, nuestra casa es la casa de ustedes.
Saludos ;)

Bob and Susan - 4-25-2006 at 05:36 AM

Wiley

What about a report on the importation of the car...

Where When How Paperwork Who?

MrsFDT - 5-4-2006 at 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
I would like to give a hearty thank you to a fellow Nomad (fdt) Fernando and his charming family, though thanks is not enough.

I wanted to say thanks too.
I sometimes read the post here but never post myself, but I had to this time to say thanks for the great time. I know this is a little late coming but Wiley and Carol, you all know what my schedules are like. Ha Ha

I never did dishes or cooked while they were here. Carol did that and by gosh she is a wonderful cook! FDT was happy.

You all are welcome again anytime! Stop and see us in July if you have time.
Simone

looks like great friends were made

Keri - 5-4-2006 at 04:48 PM

fantastic story, glad everything worked out as good as it did,k:yes::yes: