BajaNomad

Looking for a GREAT Margarita recipe

GeoRock - 5-4-2006 at 01:25 PM

It seems everyone has their own idea of the best margarita recipe, so how about sharing yours with me?

Marie-Rose - 5-4-2006 at 01:30 PM

1.5oz Jose Traditional, 1/4oz cointreau, 1/4 oz damiana, 1oz sugar water, 3 limons.
Shake with ice, and enjoy!!!!

Bob H - 5-4-2006 at 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marie-Rose
1.5oz Jose Traditional, 1/4oz cointreau, 1/4 oz damiana, 1oz sugar water, 3 limons.
Shake with ice, and enjoy!!!!

You CAN'T go wrong with this one. Thanks Marie-Rose!
Bob H

bajaguy - 5-4-2006 at 06:24 PM

By the glass...over crushed ice: 1 shot Jose, 1 shot sweet & sour, half shot Cointreau...fill with pineapple juice. In bulk, 1 part Jose, 1 part sweet & sour, half part Cointreau....fill with pineapple juice to taste.

[Edited on 5-5-2006 by bajaguy]

bajabound2005 - 5-4-2006 at 06:50 PM

Sweet and Sour is always a great substitute....

bajarich - 5-4-2006 at 06:53 PM

Limes, Sugar, Tequila, Cointreau, Ice + any beach in Baja!

ncampion - 5-4-2006 at 06:57 PM

How about : 1/2 oz. Lime juice, 1/2 oz. Cointreau, 1/4 tsp Sugar, 1 oz. Tequila, , Ice + anywhere in Baja!

bajalera - 5-4-2006 at 07:32 PM

How about forget the crushed ice Slushie and ice it with two cubes in a Martini glass?

I second that Lera!

Sallysouth - 5-4-2006 at 08:00 PM

And what is it with you guys? Its CONTROY in Baja! Who needs sugar with the Mexicano version of Cointeau???:lol::?::lol:

bancoduo - 5-4-2006 at 08:12 PM

NEWSWEEK. Tequila DON JULIO $125 aged since 1942. Do you buy that bullchit.:yes::yes::no::no:

[Edited on 5-5-2006 by bancoduo]

Margarita

bonanza bucko - 5-4-2006 at 08:18 PM

THE BEST margarita in the world is served up at Punta Pescadero anytime after a day of fishing.

It is always 1/3 Cointreau, 1/3 Cuervo Good Stuff and 1/3 fresh lime juice....shaken over ice.

There ain't no better anywhere!

The Sculpin - 5-4-2006 at 08:48 PM

Fill glass half full with ice flakes
Squeeze the juice of 3 small mexican limes over the ice
3 shots of frozen gold tequilla (I like Cazadores)
1/2 shot Damiana

Stir with finger, and lick to taste.

As for the tequilla, a nice gold will do. The finer stuff is wasted in a marg, it should be for sipping. The whites won't be sweet enough.

As for the finger, it doesn't have to be yours (wink, wink)

For me this is the trick after a long drive on Hwy 1 or a long day in the sun. It's cold, dry, and not too sweet. Depending on the limes, this one could take the enamel off your teeth, too!

:bounce:

elizabeth - 5-4-2006 at 09:30 PM

Equal parts herradura plata, controy, and fresh lime juice from the little round limes...and salt on the rim...una margarita sin sal es como un amor sin besos!

Skeet/Loreto - 5-5-2006 at 02:31 AM

Geo Rock"
The very Best--Take everything but the Tequila- Dispose of in a Timely Manner- Take the double shot of Tequilla in a shot Glass and sip as you set in the Hot Tubs at Mamouth!! Only after you have Skied the "Cornice"!!!

Skeet

capt. mike - 5-5-2006 at 06:40 AM

anyone who'd put "sweet and sour" mix in a marg needs to go to mexico and have a real scratch marg!!

why i skip all the cinko de mayo parties at the trendy goochie mex restaurants here in metro phx...............they all make crappy overpriced margs with pre mix S and S...........:mad:

a good blanco, controy, key limes, a touch of natural sweetness from any source like turbinado cane, fruit crushed, or....and salt. ummmmmmmmmmm.

shaken, then i get stirred.:bounce:

PabloS - 5-5-2006 at 06:51 AM

Margarita de Alex, Serinidad bar mucho bueno. Very simple and delicioso. :bounce::biggrin::bounce::biggrin::biggrin:

Martyman - 5-5-2006 at 11:47 AM

I thought the only drink "stirred with a finger" was a Screaming Orgasm. Seriously though, there is a very good fresh margarita mix found in the refrigerators at Bev Mo by Tommy's famous tequila bar in San Francisco. Ice , 1 part reposado, 1 part Tommy's mix.
I still like the self proclaimed bajagarita- shot of tequila with a squirt of fresh lime.

MIX ?

mulege marv - 5-5-2006 at 01:00 PM

mix ? what is mix ? you gotta be kidding ! might as well put an umbrella in it too !!! :lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 5-5-2006 by mulege marv]

bajaguy - 5-5-2006 at 02:42 PM

From one captain to another, try it,...you might like it

capt. mike - 5-5-2006 at 02:47 PM

ok Baja Guy. i'll keep an open mind..........and mouth, and try before i comment more. But, i have never understood the case for Sweet and Sour no matter which brand.:no:

well, time for a toddy i guess, hell everyone else seems to be off work since it's cinco day.

bajaguy - 5-5-2006 at 02:49 PM

Capt Mike...the pineapple juice really makes it!!! Adjust you mixtures till you get it right

[Edited on 5-5-2006 by bajaguy]

PINEAPPLE JUICE?

bajalera - 5-5-2006 at 10:05 PM

in a margarita?

Damn. Now I've heard everything!

capt. mike - 5-6-2006 at 07:17 AM

oh........:no:
i can't believe i drank the whole pitcher..........oh............:(:(

gotta........find..........the......... spicy clamato.......and some beer......:no::no:

Bob H - 5-6-2006 at 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
oh........:no:
i can't believe i drank the whole pitcher..........oh............:(:(

gotta........find..........the......... spicy clamato.......and some beer......:no::no:

..... along with a nice tasty Ceeee-Garrr!!! No???....

====~~

Bob H

LarryB - 5-6-2006 at 09:54 AM

1 shot el Jimador Tequila (the key), 1 shot controy, 1-1/2 limes, 1/2 orange, Ice. Measure the shots because you'll taste any imbalance in the booze ratio.

Everyone askes "did you put any booze in this? It's soooo smooth!", I say "ask me again after you finish it". :smug: Remember, the controy has more alcohol than the Tequila so this little marg is more than a double shot. It'll fool ya.

bufeo - 5-6-2006 at 12:36 PM

Try this link
http://www.drinkboy.com/c-cktails/recipes/Margarita.html

JESSE - 5-6-2006 at 01:00 PM

1.5oz Herradura Silver, 0.5oz Cointreau, 1.5 oz sugar syrup,1oz Grand Marnier, and lemon juice and crushed iced off course.

2-2-2-2 works for me.

Hook - 5-7-2006 at 06:20 AM

2 oz Hornitos or Conmemorativo or Sauza Gold
2 oz Lime juice
2 oz H2O
2 oz Cointreau

Add to shaker with ice, shake and strain into a frosted martini glass with a salt rim. Or, en las rocas.

This is a rather tart version, which I prefer. To sweeten, add more Cointreau.

Controy is vile stuff, but I have been knows to resort to it in a pinch.

Bar sugar is for foofey drinks.:rolleyes:

capt. mike - 5-7-2006 at 07:34 AM

Bob - the cigar is for WHEN i'm drinkin.....never could puff one when sufferin thru the morning slows.

Larry - when does Controy have the same octane as tequila? isn't it more on the range of a liquer?

how about them SUNS?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

today is a day of revered celebration of the blow out victory over the LA "Achers" and that dufus KOBEE bryant. So margies it will be along with some grilled marinated flank steak tacos!

GeoRock - 5-9-2006 at 09:03 PM

Wow, such diversity. Thanks everyone. Tomorrow we are going to shake and stir some of these concoctions. We'll sit in the sun of Bahia and enjoy your various recipes.

Thanks!!!!!

'Sharks' Cadillac Margarita'

Sharksbaja - 5-9-2006 at 11:52 PM

Salt rim first with Roses lime and Kosher salt.
Glass 2/3 full of ice

Shot and a half Gold Tequila
Big circle of SweetnSour.
Big splash Roses lime
Squeeze of 1/2 lime.
Squeeze of lemon
Circle of Grand Mariner

Garnish with slice o lime.