BajaNomad

?Where to buy fireworks?

rpleger - 5-14-2006 at 03:56 PM

I'm going north in june and on the way home to Muleg? I would like to buy some fireworks for the 4th of July party on Burro beach.

The question is, ?Where is the place to buy fireworks in Ensenada? I don't want to waste to much time looking around if I can help it. So please give me an address.

Richard on the hill

turtleandtoad - 5-14-2006 at 04:25 PM

Also, the steet to Estero Beach has one fireworks factory and just about every store on the street sells fireworks.

thebajarunner - 5-14-2006 at 04:45 PM

There is a souvi shop on Second Street, same side as El Cid, next block to the North that will deal with you.
The rockets are awesome.
We light off one or two a night when we are camping out above La Gringa, wakes up the whole world.
Wish I had the guts to bring a few back this direction.

MICK - 5-14-2006 at 05:15 PM

Any Ideas on who sells fireworks in Mexicali? I havenever seen any there but I usually in a hurry. I get them in san Felipe when I go down there but would like to find a place in Mexicali.
Thanks MICK

Bruce R Leech - 5-14-2006 at 09:25 PM

hay Richard get me a couple of those real big ones.:O

thebajarunner - 5-14-2006 at 10:15 PM

Lencho,
ask 'elgatoloco' about good neighbors.
we actually launched a rocket at his camp two years ago.
unfortunately, we missed....
ah well, better luck next time.
right Matt??

and what about taking them south?

Sharksbaja - 5-14-2006 at 11:55 PM

I like em plenty but fear a prison term if caught in CA wif em.

bajaden - 5-15-2006 at 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
I like em plenty but fear a prison term if caught in CA wif em.

I've got a couple of sticks of dynamite I can loan you, but I'll need them back when your done. I'm doing experiments on the big bang theory.

thebajarunner - 5-15-2006 at 03:25 PM

Quote:
Guess ya had to have been there... sorry, I've fought too many wildfires to have much fondness for fireworks. (But gotta confess, like any normal male of the species, I do like to blow things up.)

--Larry

"Wildfires north of La Gringa"
Now that one I gotta see....
Seriously, a wildfire there would be three bushes burning within an hour of one another.
Now elgatoloco's camp, that is another matter.....
and we only had one shot at 'em....
alas.

djh - 5-16-2006 at 07:39 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Guess ya had to have been there... sorry, I've fought too many wildfires to have much fondness for fireworks. (But gotta confess, like any normal male of the species, I do like to blow things up.)

--Larry

Yup... me too... I fought forest fires summers years back... and was also a volunteer firefighter in a small N. Idaho community that each year incurred wildland and home fires from schtupid people with fireworks doing schtooopid things...

And then there are my local neighbors who use illegal ones in town, scare the beejeezusss outta my kittys, litter the entire neighborhood, and have started TWO fires now, that they didn't even see, let alone tend to... (fireworks done, beer gone, time for bed...)

If you use em, have fun, and also be SAFE and curteous... (and remember to pick up yer trash, right?) ie. responsible... Thx!

djh

elgatoloco - 5-16-2006 at 11:23 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by thebajarunner

--Larry

"Wildfires north of La Gringa"
Now that one I gotta see....
Seriously, a wildfire there would be three bushes burning within an hour of one another.
Now elgatoloco's camp, that is another matter.....
and we only had one shot at 'em....
alas.

Darn pyromaniacs! We thought that was the Mexican Army practicing for the invasion of Mexifornia so we got the heck out of there. Next time we will fire back! When we departed we did notice parts of the rocky shoreline smoldering, figured the high surf would douse it? Hope nothing burned down!