BajaNomad

So What Happened to Humphryville ????

Diver - 5-17-2006 at 08:14 PM

No one ever said what happened to Mike at the book signing event.
Is someone going to break the suspense or do we have to wait for the book to come out ??

Hope he is well.

David K - 5-17-2006 at 09:15 PM

I hope he is well enough to post here as well... He was well enough at the book signing as we spoke, but his story was quite scary and dramatic.

You guys know I love to tell a good Baja story (specially as it is a true story) but out of respect, I am biting my tongue to allow Mike the glory... as are others who attended the Pyramid Resort event...

Hurry Mike... get on Nomad and tell everyone!!:bounce::bounce::bounce:

I'm Heeeerrre!!

Mike Humfreville - 5-17-2006 at 09:22 PM

I had an accident on the road south of Bahia de Los Angeles. I was alone and I was driving way too fast, lerft the road on the wrong spur and ended up plowing up a boulderfield with Vaca Blanca (Chevy Suburban). Booze WAS NOT inolved, who'da thought, but redicously high speed was.

I've been planning on writing a multipart post about this subject, but my back has been aching and it's kept me away from all but the shortest visits to my computer. After typing this post I still feel OK, so maybe I'll start my story tonight. I'm thinking about naming the story "Lesson's Learned." So maybe I'll put on some mellow Counting Crows and who knows?

Thanks for asking, Diver et al.

Diver - 5-17-2006 at 10:09 PM

Mike,

I don't know what to say; you listen to Counting Crows !?

You are much cooler than I thought !

Bob and Susan - 5-18-2006 at 05:47 AM

oh yea....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0tyW-HXmfQ&search=Counti...

4baja - 5-18-2006 at 06:08 AM

how much damage?:coolup:

Patiently waiting!

Baja Bernie - 5-18-2006 at 06:22 AM

Talked quite a bit with Mike at the signing and know that he will say what he wants to say--when he wants to say it--if he wishes to say anything.

Mike is a 'way to cool' guy in many respects!

He'll get over this side trip in life--he has taken many in the past and I am sure he will experience many more side trails in his future.

I salute his wife and his kids--a very tough but loving family!

Diver - 5-18-2006 at 06:24 AM

See Mikes post "Lessons Learned".
He has started to tell......wow !

aha baja - 5-18-2006 at 07:46 AM

Hi Mike. glad your o.k. hope your back is on the mend. let me know if you need anything as we'll be in bahia pretty soon.

Mike Humfreville - 5-18-2006 at 09:40 AM

My back is improving daily. Our US Doctor says I can recover just as well in Baja as I can in the US. We're thinking about heading south somewhere between next week and June 12th. We'll be there until oughly the beginning of August.

4baja - 5-22-2006 at 06:40 PM

mike stop by for a pool game.:bounce::coolup:

Steve

Mike Humfreville - 5-22-2006 at 07:18 PM

You have a pool table in Bahia???? I'm WAY too naive!