BajaNomad

HOUSESITTERS WANTED IN PARDISE

shari - 5-19-2006 at 06:24 PM

We are going to visit my family in Canada leaving June 27 and returning July 17 and were thinking of having someone housesit our place in Asuncion. Anyone interested? We have a cat, dog and 2 chickens...our 2 horses could be boarded out or stay here too. See our website for pictures.

Bob and Susan - 5-19-2006 at 06:32 PM

and remember the view from the "special place":lol:

Al G - 5-19-2006 at 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
We are going to visit my family in Canada leaving June 27 and returning July 17 and were thinking of having someone housesit our place in Asuncion. Anyone interested? We have a cat, dog and 2 chickens...our 2 horses could be boarded out or stay here too. See our website for pictures.

Wow talk about bad timing! I would be packing now if I had not committed to a kitchen install for that 2 weeks. I enjoy house sitting in places I haven't been to.
I have a yearly gig in Todos Santos now and when I retire (Soon) I would like to set up more as I travel in Baja.
Tell me do people visit you in motorhomes? I am concerned about the 27 miles of dirt road. That's my plan to travel Baja, with property in T.S and Mulege' for my motorhome.
Good luck,
Albert

Bob H - 5-19-2006 at 07:41 PM

Shari,
I am recently retired, but my wife still works (good deal huh). But she plans on taking some time off around that period. Email me a bajarover@yahoo.com and let's see if we can work something out.
Bob H

Sallysouth - 5-19-2006 at 09:51 PM

Any objections to kids, well behaved, 8 yrs old, already a baja kid, with parents and a Gramma?;)

Sharksbaja - 5-20-2006 at 01:08 AM

Welcome to the 500 club Sally:biggrin:

Sallysouth - 5-20-2006 at 03:27 PM

Thanks Sharks! I 've been around , but used to be Msal and had lots of posts then.Somehow my "handle "got lost and never found!

Sallysouth - 5-20-2006 at 03:46 PM

SHARI< I have just found out that my daughters and grandkids are coming up here for that time period, so I'll have to cancel for now.Still want to make it down there and see whats going on tho!!It sure sounds like a place I would love.Thanks, Sally

Where in Canada Shari???

frizkie - 5-20-2006 at 07:35 PM

I was just wondering if you were anywhere near the West Coast in Canada? :?:

Barbara

capt. mike - 5-21-2006 at 06:19 AM

Shari - i can vouch for Bob H. he would be a safe bet.
just ask him to puff his puros on the patio, not in the casa!:lol::lol::lol:

Bob H - 5-21-2006 at 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
Shari - i can vouch for Bob H. he would be a safe bet.
just ask him to puff his puros on the patio, not in the casa!:lol::lol::lol:

That would NOT be a problem. I love smoking them outside and looking at the stars!! :tumble:

pappy - 5-21-2006 at 10:56 AM

i could take watch the last week , but not the entire time(teaching summer school).i was planning to visit there in july anyway.....:D

shari - 5-21-2006 at 06:56 PM

wow thanks guys (even if you ae pura puffers!) But who can vouch for ME??? Ha! I would like someone to be here for the whole time if possible, so stand by guys...nice to have someone vouch for you huh! I look forward to meeting you all sometime...and I lived most of my adult life first in Kits Beach in Vancouver, then the last many years in tofino, when it was still lovely.

Bob H - 5-22-2006 at 12:49 PM

Quote:
wow thanks guys (even if you ae pura puffers!) But who can vouch for ME??? Ha! I would like someone to be here for the whole time if possible, so stand by guys...nice to have someone vouch for you huh! I look forward to meeting you all sometime...and I lived most of my adult life first in Kits Beach in Vancouver, then the last many years in tofino, when it was still lovely.

Shari, My wife and I loved the Vancouver area - Tofino was beautiful - lots of large waves and lots of logs on the beach. The drive out there was fantastic!
Bob H

shari - 5-22-2006 at 06:15 PM

Bahia Asuncion is so much like Tofino was in the early 80's (except for the logs on the beach) which is why I love it..gorgeous beaches, lovely coastline, great waves and fishing, few tourists, and nice locals. I hope this place doesnt' go the way Tofino went though....too big, too expensive, way too many people now.

Bob H - 5-22-2006 at 10:32 PM

Quote:
Bahia Asuncion is so much like Tofino was in the early 80's (except for the logs on the beach) which is why I love it..gorgeous beaches, lovely coastline, great waves and fishing, few tourists, and nice locals. I hope this place doesnt' go the way Tofino went though....too big, too expensive, way too many people now.

At least you have great memoreis of what Tofino was like in the old days. We really thought it was nice now.... but can't imagine your memories of it freom the past..... Bob H

SiReNiTa - 5-23-2006 at 11:43 AM

yay and 3 hurrah's for tofino!!!