BajaNomad

Each Sept 16th, Cordite smoke chokingly thick at sundown after the Grito de Dolores in front of the

mrchuck - 11-22-2002 at 09:34 PM

Every resident in this town attends with their firearm, and shoots it off after the last "Viva Mexico" yell. Thundering, ear blasting numbness, choking on the fumes and smoke of all types of firearms being shot off into the sky in front of the Mayor and Chief of Police, then every one leaving silently without as much of a whisper. This event really sticks with you, since all know the regulations. Could it really be that this is a message to the politicians that we will overthrow a govt. by force, if necessary? Who knows, but this exact type of annual celebration takes place in every town in Mexico.

Saludos, mc

JESSE - 11-24-2002 at 01:37 PM

I live in Playas de Tijuana, wich is a nice neighborhood of Tijuana, and here that happens in new year eve, the only thing is that here you hear AK-47s,R-15s, and just semiautomatic weapons, it really sound like a war,of course the Police try to do something about it but they cant, verybody shoots their guns, including me with my little 25. Berreta:D, it almost normal every year, and just before 12:00pm everybody gets their kids indoors for safety.