BajaNomad

Pta. Asuncion and Pta. Abreojos Internet

Sharksbaja - 5-26-2006 at 11:23 PM

It seems there are a number of Nomads living there or have places on this stretch of the Viscaino Desert coastline .
How are you connected to the internet/ Do you have hi-speed DSL? It always amazes me how connected Baja is. We have DSL via cable modem here but was not until just a couple yrs ago. It still gives us probs tho and the cable guys run around all the time working on it.:rolleyes:

Is all of Baja so connected now? I know JR had "dial-up" in one place or the other.

Capt. George - 5-27-2006 at 03:44 AM

Dial up connection good here in Ojos. Supposedly DSL coming soon.

The world catching up to us...good and bad. Hard to live in Baja without net, pay most all my bills stateside that way....

Hope to be back in Ojos end of July. adios George

Pescador - 5-27-2006 at 09:59 AM

A lot of the people are hooked up through Satelite. Los Frailes, or Wayne Davy in San Lucas cove is an installer and has hooked up quite a few systems there. We have one at the Cove on the beach and have a lot faster internet service there than at home in Colorado, where we have a land line with really slow speeds.
A lot of us use Crystal Voice or Skype to have telephone connec tion over the internet and that works well too.

SiReNiTa - 5-29-2006 at 09:44 AM

well in asuncion we have dial up at home...but that?s because the other one was to expensive...i dthink there is dsl but i wouldn?t count on it being really fast....we have had itnernet connection for...about 2 years...but we could have had it before if we had lived there haha...or got a phone earlier...but the internet cafe is recent....