BajaNomad

Tijuana auto painters?

dug - 5-27-2006 at 09:55 AM

I need to have my camper shell painted. Does anyone have a recommended shop in Tijuana?
Thanks

BajaGeoff - 8-8-2006 at 12:15 PM

I am also looking into an inexpensive paint job for my van. I have heard that if you buy the paint here in the U.S. and take it down there you can just pay for the labor. That way you get to pick the quality of the paint and make sure you get the color you want. Anyone done this before?

comitan - 8-8-2006 at 01:25 PM

Geoff

Here in La Paz, all the painting I have had done was with DuPont U.S. product.

jerry - 8-8-2006 at 01:33 PM

i had a pickup painted in loreto and they used Dupont paint it was make in Mexico
and they didnt get any kind of break buying it so if you brought your own paint i think you could save a few bucks
$458.00 for primer white paint clear coat and peral and thinner for a toyota pick up and canope
yes i saw them mix and shoot the paint it all went on the truck total paintjob was $620.00 including stripping the hood and top to bare metal pretty cheep i think at least for the labor

jerry - 8-8-2006 at 01:34 PM

by the way this was a color change from silver so they had to do all the door frams and inside the hood and bed as well as taking decals off

BajaGeoff - 8-8-2006 at 03:22 PM

Well...........driving to Loreto for a paint job is not going to work out. The cost of gas alone would not make it worth the savings! :biggrin:

I was hoping to find a location in TJ....

jerry - 8-8-2006 at 04:49 PM

i was just givin you a comparison price