BajaNomad

FISHING ADVENTURE WITH A GOAT

Skeet/Loreto - 11-19-2003 at 03:50 PM

Fishing Adventure with a Goat
by Skeet/Loreto
"First a Goat!,next 3 Pangas,with Mexicano Captains,camping Equipt and a Desire for Adventure.
The reason for the Goat will become know Later!
Depart early in the morning on a slim Moon hanging over San Javier.2 people each Panga one has the goat. The 40 HP Johnson motors purr along pushing the Mac Shyour 22 Ft. Panga at a smooth glide South by South east toward a much Talked about but never seen secret place in the Sea of Cortez. "Isla Los Animas"{Lat 25,Long 110-36
The Goat Wakes up!
Passing the South tip of Isla Carmen we are surronded by a School Dorado. A few minutes further we meet the Happy dolphins who join us for several miles "Good Luck Sign"
The Goat Stands Up!
Our destination is about 45 Sea miles to the Isla Los Animas. A small Rock with several bunches of rocks all around. As we near the Rock we notice a Spray all around and about 10 feet high. We can not beleive that we are seeing so many fish jumping and rolling that they are throwing a Spray that High. It is like a fish pile up but this is caused by Yellowfin Tuna. All appear to be about 20 Lbs.
We only take a few fish as we only had enough Ice for 3 Days.We finished the day snorkling and finding kinds of fish that we had never seen before'
The Goat Pooped in the Boat!
In the late afternoon we headed for Isla San Jose as there is not good Anchorage at Las Animas-.Punta Calabazo and around to a small cove just opposite Punta Nopolo Sur. Set up Camp and went looking for Clams and such,as we were coming back in the shallow water it was getting Dark,our light picked up movement on the rocks. "WOW" Lobster!!!Our lights were running the lobster out of the water and upon Rocks.It is so much easier getting Lobster that way!!
The Goat Slept good that Night!
Next morning we started North going by IslaHabana, Bahia San Carlos via Tambibiche which was deserted. As we drifted North we trolled catching Marlin, Sailfish,Dorado, Yellowfin, Cabrilla and a multitude of different Fish. Include was also a medium sized Turtle.
The Goats Last Night!
Landing in a small cove we prepared two fires one for the Turtle and yes you guessed one for the goat!.We had brought enough Beer for one fista. This was our Last Night so we spent it eating BBQ Goat, Fish, Turtle,Clams,Lobster.
No more Goat Poop on the Deck!
The next day Northward to Aguge Verde, Lonely two familes with their Pangas piled high with dried Shark Meat headed for La Paz and then to Mexico city., their talk about "when the road opens across the Mountain"
An Adventure of a life time with a Goat
And it is still there for the Young at Heart with an Adventure on their mind.

Fishing with a goat?

Sallysouth - 11-20-2003 at 09:54 AM

Great story Skeet! When is YOUR book coming out? You have enough stories to fill a library, I'lll bet! , Sally;)

elgatoloco - 11-20-2003 at 10:10 AM

Skeet, quite an adventure!

You are a fortunate man!!

What year was that, mas o menos??

Let's hear more Skeetories!!!

WOW!

M - 11-20-2003 at 11:27 AM

Skeet, I HAVE NO DOUBT you and I could have gotten into some serious trouble together! As for your comment earlier about me dancing naked on the tables during my drinking days, trust me! NOBODY needs a laugh THAT bad. Since I lost all my weight, I finally found that thong I lost back in 98!
Great story, lets hear more! M

Skeet/Loreto - 11-20-2003 at 11:55 AM

Elgatoloco: I969. things were different in Loreto but the Area I talk about in the Story is still there ,just like it was 35 years ago.
I am going to try another story soon.

M. If I could write like you I would not need a Thong!!!Skeet/Loreto

Ah Skeet

M - 11-20-2003 at 12:29 PM

Shucks, you missed my punchline RE: thong. Let me put it this way. I once tried one on when I was heavier. I FOUND it again a couple years ago. THINK Skeet. LOLOLOL Hugs, M
PS, thanks for kind words.

goat????

baitcast - 11-20-2003 at 12:31 PM

As always great story,love your stuff Skeet,glad you talked me into Loreto this summer Playa Ligui was a blast,but my old skinny ass is just now healing.
BAITCAST

I hope when my time comes the old man will let me bring my rod and the water will be warm and clear