BajaNomad

No more carpool access

fdt - 6-15-2006 at 11:49 PM

Be careful next time you are returning to the US @ San Ysidro, the lanes that had the barricades that used to lead to the non-existant carpool lanes do not lead to the border, they have moved the barricades and you will only go to Colonia Federal

elgatoloco - 6-16-2006 at 09:11 AM

Se?or fdt, gracias for the update!

Mateo

Bedman - 6-16-2006 at 04:52 PM

Ferna,

Is that the entrance to the border crossing area from Padre Kino Ave?

I almost always take that back route, as if I were coming from Tecate. It drops you in the far right hand lanes, right next to the carpool lanes and the pedestrian crossing.

Bedman

Frank - 6-16-2006 at 05:26 PM

Bedman can you give me more info on your route?

woody with a view - 6-16-2006 at 06:45 PM

he's talking about as you get into the ramp that goes up and to the right coming from playas/along border fence past the bomberos station, where the cops close off the ramp and force you to go towards the otay crossing. if you stay in the right lane going around the uphill ramp you have the option of going to the colonia or into the carpool (mon thru fri a.m.) lane. now that lane is only for accessing the colonia. they moved the k blocks (concrete dividers) so there is no more access to the carpool lane.

but the signs still say, "carpool lane".

Frank - 6-16-2006 at 10:21 PM

Quote:

I almost always take that back route, as if I were coming from Tecate. It drops you in the far right hand lanes, right next to the carpool lanes and the pedestrian crossing.

Thanks Woody. I wanted to know about this route in the quote.

fdt - 6-17-2006 at 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bedman
Ferna,

Is that the entrance to the border crossing area from Padre Kino Ave?

No, it's the one on calle segunda (2nd street), as woody in ob said

Bedman - 6-17-2006 at 05:01 PM

OK.....lets see if I can communicate my "Secret" route.

Coming off International, Turn South on Negrete, Turn East on 2nd st., Turn Right, on to Paseo De Los Heroes (Your still traveling East.) Turn (Left) North on Independencia, Turn (Left) West on Padre Kino and stay in the far right hand lane. It's kind of confusing, I know. But, it seems to take some time off my border crossing.

Bedman

Frank - 6-17-2006 at 07:16 PM

Thank you. Ill look those streets up on my GPS and make a route.