BajaNomad

Language

BajaWillie - 6-23-2006 at 07:31 AM

We are making uo a sign for our Casa and not sure of the correct Spanish language,should it be Casita de Poco Oso or Casita de Oso Poco.

Thanks

David K - 6-23-2006 at 07:58 AM

What do you want it to say (English)? Sounds like the Little Bear's Shack? Poco is a 'small quantity' more than small in size, like chica or chiquita... The Spanish speakers here will have the right term, I am sure...

Oso - 6-23-2006 at 08:09 AM

If you're trying to say little bear, it's osito, but casita del osito- the little bear's little house, is a bit redundant, no? Little Bear's House would be Casa de Osito or simply Casa Osito, or in slang "Ca' Osito. Capitalization and use of de or del depends on whether it's a generic little bear or Little Bear as someone's name.

Natalie Ann - 6-23-2006 at 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by morgaine7
Willie, are you by any chance trying to say "Baby Bear" as in the Goldilocks story, meaning the house is the right size? (If not, sorry for the intrusion, I'm a recovering literature major.)

Kate

Kate -

Don't know if that's what he meant, but most definitely I like your take on it... just the right size.
Next time we're in La Paz at the same time, how's about we get together for a margarita/cerveza/iced tea/or (ugh!) clamato?!

Nena

[Edited on 6-23-2006 by Natalie Ann]