BajaNomad

Campo Naranjos Beach

DianaT - 6-28-2006 at 08:02 PM

We see this place as being south of Mulege on the Internet, it is current information? Is it still there?

Thanks

Diane and John

Bob and Susan - 6-28-2006 at 08:06 PM

http://mulege.org/naranjos/naranjos.htm

the info is current....it's still there 30 years now...

Armando and Delia now have several casitas with showers and toilet right ON the water...$25 to $30 a nite...

not many people there till Oct...too hot for the regulars

we'll be there next week...

Bob and Susan - 6-28-2006 at 08:20 PM

yea...they will open just for you if you ask....

not many people in the summertime....

Bob & Susan...

Mexray - 6-28-2006 at 09:43 PM

...as usual, you guys are having way to much fun! With no one around, you ought to be able to really crank up the stereo and blast some tunes out to the pelicans as they glide by!

BTW...under old business, did you get your inverter system up and working?

We went down there a few years ago around July 4th...the heat wasn't too bad, as we were blessed with some light breezes...hope you get em' too! That was the time we were the only ones on the beach, and Armando asked us if we'd watch the place for them while they went into town...trouble was, they didn't tell us which 'town' they were going to, as they didn't come back for three days! Wow, I was El Jefe de Campo for Three days - I was a ruthless ruler, and made all visiting Seagulls bow at my feet!

Travel safe, and have a good trip!

[Edited on 6-29-2006 by Mexray]

Bob and Susan - 6-29-2006 at 05:48 AM

mexray...

everything works GREAT!!!
solortron took care of me again.

i even bought a $400 gas utility golf cart that i have to import on the way in this trip if....

the tune up place get it done in time...had to get something like your little motos but with 4 wheeles:lol:

gas golf carts are DIRT cheap right now because they outlawed them on the golf courses in 1996 and cannot rebuild them unless they are used as utility carts.

a lot of guys i know use them at desert racing as pit cars.

we go during the summer every year....sept os the hottest!!!

now i know why Don Johnson of the Serinade Hotel closes for the month of Sept...HOT!!!

susan is bringing the nephew...their plan is to ride the seadoos EVERY DAY!!!
Those thing sure suck up the gas:mad:

wilderone - 6-29-2006 at 09:34 AM

Are there bare tent sites available at Campo Naranjos? Or just a spot on the beach with no improvements? Are there pangas for rent? Or can you make arrangements for fishing?

DianaT - 6-29-2006 at 01:42 PM

Thanks for the info---we will probably not go until fall---

Will have a small camper---will we find a camping spot easily, and are the showers and baths OK?

Thanks
Diane

Bob and Susan - 6-29-2006 at 02:07 PM

yes there are bare tent sites...
most put the tents in a palapa but you can just set it on the sand....

the bathrooms are clean...bring TP just in case
the showers are fine but only COLD water...
when its hot that doesn't matter

see bruce leech in town for a panga referal...no problems going fishing

see ya this weekend Bob y Susan!

capt. mike - 6-29-2006 at 04:40 PM

stop by iffin you get a chance.
fishing sat or sun, side trips to todos santos and Bahia Asuncion, headed for San quintin's El Socorro and Campo Lorenzo on monday - gots to get some pacific time in doncha know!

lets PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you can get hooch all day fri per locals, sat sun nada!
i am stocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and stoked....................:bounce: