BajaNomad

HAPPY TURKEY DAY ALL...

M - 11-27-2003 at 09:30 AM

BHL and I hope you all have a wonderfull day celebrating all that is good with family and friends.
BIG HUGS TO ALL..
M

jeans - 11-27-2003 at 10:40 AM

My wishes back to you both as well. En dos minutos, I'm outta here for Mexico....

How do you say turkey in Spanish? :bounce:

HAPPY GOBBLE'GOBBLE

BajaBronco - 11-27-2003 at 11:00 AM

THANKS!!! happy thanksgiving also!

~Marissa~

Skeet/Loreto - 11-27-2003 at 11:39 AM

Jeans: I looked in the book and did not find the correct word for Turkey;However my memory of the sounding on the word is as follows
Jahalote

The buzzard was Sopelote. I feel sure someone knows the True Spanish word. Anybody out there?Skeet/Loreto

TMW - 11-27-2003 at 11:40 AM

Well I ain't eatin turkey today. Nope I'm not. I'm fixing BBQ beef ribs and TriTip for the Mrs and me. The kids and grandkids couldn't be here today so we're doing it different. But we are very thankfull. The first Thanksgiving my wife and I had, I was changing jobs and didn't get paid and we had chicken wings and butterbeans. We thought of doing that for old time sake, but no, we deserve better.

Wishing all of you a happy and full Thanksgiving. Eat all the turkey you want.

[Edited on 11-27-2003 by TW]

backninedan - 11-27-2003 at 12:14 PM

Happy Holiday all.

Misty, (mrs backninedan) , and I are more thankful than usual this year, just 34 more working days and 60 something days til we head for our new home in Loreto. Maybe we will have fish with Capt George next thanksgiving.

The word fo turkey is pavo, or guajolote, I think.

Cya all in Loreto the first week in Feb.

Dan and Misty

Gualote

capn.sharky - 11-28-2003 at 09:26 PM

Pavo will work for turkey too. Tecolote is an owl and sopolote is a turkey buzzard. Pavo is easier to spell than Jualote or Gualote or whatever the hell it is.

Ken Bondy - 11-28-2003 at 11:23 PM

I think it is "guajalote".

Thanks for the vocabulary lessons..

jeans - 11-29-2003 at 12:14 PM

But I've been eating carnitas for two days...MUCH better than turkey! Yum!