BajaNomad

rain in La Paz

Bajavestruz - 7-15-2006 at 03:40 AM

At 4:23 a.m. it began raining real rain in La Paz near Colosio and Abasolo and rained steadily and hard for 14 minutes.

[Edited on 7-15-2006 by Bajavestruz]

bajamigo - 7-15-2006 at 12:35 PM

Is that normal for this time of year?

comitan - 7-15-2006 at 01:30 PM

bajamigo

There is no such thing as normal when it comes to weather. La Paz has a mountain range behind it, there is a tendency for afternoon buildups and rain.

The Sculpin - 7-15-2006 at 03:57 PM

a baja ostrich?!?!?!?

comitan - 7-15-2006 at 04:06 PM

Sculpin

Raising Ostriches in Baja Sur is big business. In La Paz there is a store devoted to selling just Ostrich meat, you can also buy it at the CCC.

bajajudy - 7-15-2006 at 04:11 PM

There are a numer of avestruz farms in BCS. The one on the road to Lopez Mateos north of Insurgentes is worth the stop.
There is also one on the toll road between the SJD airport and the big yellow Fonatura statue. My husband visited there and brought back an egg. We were afraid for it to hatch and didnt have 25 close friends who wanted an omelet, so we drained it and it is now part of our decor.
There used to be a restaurant in La Paz that served the meat. I never made it there but I heard that if it is overcooked it tough a shoe leather.
Perhaps our new friend will tell us more!
Bienvenidos Bajavestruz

bajajudy - 7-15-2006 at 04:12 PM

Comi, just missed your post. I had to walk away because my passion fruit ice cream was ready.

Bajavestruz - 7-15-2006 at 06:55 PM

Thank you Judy. I love living in La Paz and this is my second rain experience here.

I was beginning to think we'd never see rain again!

Glad that the carretera overpass near the La Paz airport is almost done

I just like ostriches.