BajaNomad

Nomads land in cool Bahia Asuncion

shari - 7-18-2006 at 07:12 PM

Hola Nomads, after a couple weeks in Ontario visiting family, we are very happy to be back in cool Asuncion after a grueling hellishly hot drive down the baja. As usual there was a cool breeze blowing to welcome us home and I'm happy to report the water has warmed up to nearly swimmable...definately fine dipping to cool off after driving through the desert. As serendipity would have it, when we stopped at a little store for more beer, we found some Nomads lurking there. It was great to finally meet some in the flesh and so we invited el gato loco and que barbara and Zack and Tracy back to the ranch on the rock and proceeded to throw a fine welcome home party complete with chilled champagne which definately revived me. They camped at our place and we gave them the royal tour of the area. Naturally they fell in love with the place as I did my first time here. They even went horseback riding as it was too rough to go out fishing. We had a blast with them and it made me glad that I participate on this board. I think we will be seeing alot of each other and we just began a long friendship. I also want to thank this board for finding Kat who housesat for us which made our trip worry free. Nomads...you ROCK!

Ken Bondy - 7-18-2006 at 07:45 PM

shari I am hoping I can get to Bahia Asuncion this summer or fall. After all, we share the same last name :tumble:

++Ken++

PS is there a compressor in town that can fill a scuba tank?

[Edited on 7-19-2006 by Ken Bondy]

bajamigo - 7-18-2006 at 10:24 PM

Checked out your website, Shari. What a beautiful spot, and a beautiful family. Any idea how long it would take to reach the Blowhole from, say, San Quintin?

Shari

zforbes - 7-19-2006 at 01:05 PM

Please check your u2u. Zoe;D

Paulina - 7-19-2006 at 03:00 PM

Shari,
We will be doing the Abreojos - Asuncion - Bahia Tortugas loop mid August. We'll be coming from Bahia de Los Angeles and hope to meet you and your family then.

Paulina y Dern <*)))><

Capt. George - 7-19-2006 at 03:02 PM

Paulina

Gonna be there in Sept? see thread Whistler.

Have you heard from him? Hope we all get to meet up together...ahhh, a grande Ojos fiesta! Casa de Deborah

George

Paulina - 7-19-2006 at 03:22 PM

George,
Check your u2u.

P<*)))><

elgatoloco - 7-20-2006 at 05:12 PM

Thank you Shari & Juan for your warm hospitality! You have a one of a kind place and we were glad we ran into you when we did.
See you in October!

Bajamigo

We made the 340 miles to El Rosario in 6 1/2 hours. I was trying to catch our travel companions that we inadvertently passed at Jesus Maria, never did catch them. :lol:

David K - 7-20-2006 at 05:50 PM

Matt, check your U2U...

Bajaboy - 7-20-2006 at 08:12 PM

Shari-

What can I say...thanks! We had a blast and can't wait to return in October. Once things settle down a bit, I'll post a trip report with some pictures.

Zac

David K - 7-20-2006 at 10:10 PM

I am looking forward to that Zac...

I obviously was impressed with what Sheri had to offer when I invited her here after making her web page... and I am no pro at web pages... just share some Baja photos with fellow amigos, and they will come!

capt. mike - 7-21-2006 at 05:26 AM

what's going on in oct there?

Bajaboy - 7-21-2006 at 12:42 PM

I'm taking my mom down for Spanish immersion with Shari. I'll probably camp in San Roque and do some fishing.

Zac

Capt. George - 7-21-2006 at 02:41 PM

Shari

Do you know my amigo Chui? He was the road grader for many years.

If you do, and you see him, tell him saludos from

el Vikingo de Punta Abreojos y Deborah

thanx George

capt. mike - 7-21-2006 at 02:58 PM

hey George - did you ever see that meat store in loreto called El Vikingo?

Capt. George - 7-21-2006 at 03:35 PM

News to me!

Meat store el Vikingo, wow, I may get a lot of fans if the word gets out!

you're kidding??

shari - 7-21-2006 at 05:54 PM

I'm so glad you all enjoyed yourselves here, we did too, even though we were a bit burned out from our trip to canada.

To Bajamigo....it can take around 8 hours to get here from San Quentin, depending on how fast you drive.

Capt.George...of course we know Chui....he's a real popular character here and I will pass on your saludos.

Capt. George - 7-21-2006 at 11:50 PM

Muchas gracias

he's also a great guy!

stayed with us once in our casita, met his lovely family on our way to San Roque. Hope to see you (and Chui in Sept.)

George

capt. mike - 7-22-2006 at 06:18 AM

no, i was serious! walked right by it 4 th july weekend.
stopped by Pam Bolles store on sun but she was closed, election day.

SiReNiTa - 7-27-2006 at 07:54 AM

hmmm...and i wans't invited...joking..hehe, well boohoo i'm still in san diego and i'm not gonna go home until august...i wanna go home so bad, i miss baja and the cold water and my mom and my stubborn horses, (look for the post on the teen forum about parelli tecnic) oh well i hope to meet all of you some other time...and mom check your u2u

David K - 7-27-2006 at 02:51 PM

What are you doing in San Diego...? May be you should meet Sarah, a fellow horse fan? We are in the area...

Skeet/Loreto - 7-27-2006 at 06:02 PM

SIReNeta:
My wife has a Cremello Mare which had a Palomina Horse colt which is now a 16 Month old Gilding. She went to Parelli<s show in Guthrie Oklahoma and convinced me that I should go to Alburqurque for his next Show,Which we Did. My name was drawn and I won the Level 1 for our Friends with us.
He graduated from Fresno State College with a PHD, I graduated from Fresno State College when he was 4 Years Old.
He is very Good-We are planning on going to Pagosa Springs for one of his Clinics.
I am glad to hear that you are into Horses; My experience goes back many years ago when I was a Cowboy on the old Spur Ranch near Spur Texas.

Good Luck! Maybe I will see you at a Parelli Show.

Skeet/Loreto

Bajame - 7-27-2006 at 08:10 PM

Hey Sheri, I will be moving to San Ignaico in Sept and am a horse fan from way back. Maybe we can do some trades. You can stay at my place when your in town and you can give me a horse to ride when I am at your place.

Bajaboy - 7-27-2006 at 08:20 PM

Here's one of the horses...the one on the right, that is...

Zac

[Edited on 7-28-2006 by Bajaboy]

SiReNiTa - 7-27-2006 at 10:18 PM

wow that's not his best angle that's for sure...i miss my horses soo much...and it would be really cool to meet sarah but i think i'm leaving next week and our schedule is a little tight but maybe some other time...i am spending tons of time with my god mothers horses witch three are peruvian pasos and three rocky mountain, of witch one is an extremely friendly colt of about 3 moths old...she is soooooooooo cute, but anyway thank you for all the info and i hope to see some of you at parelli shows or even better if you are in baja living there with horses then we can get together sometime and try out new stuff...

sandbox - 7-28-2006 at 01:58 PM

Shari,

I was in Asuncion a couple of weeks ago and asked about your place. I hate to say it, but the locals gave me some dirty looks when I mentioned your name. Actually, people were complaining about you before I said a word, without solicitation. I won't delve into the details of their accusations nor name names, but I wanted to get your take on your relationship with the locals. It seems there is a lot of concern about foreigners conducting real estate deals that may or may not be legal. Although I missed you, I did run across some fairly shady Gringos who had set up shop there. Care to comment on the situation? I know there are two sides to every story, I'd love to hear yours. I was thinking about doing this U2U, but I reckon the community would be interested to hear the grist.

[Edited on 7-28-2006 by sandbox]

capt. mike - 7-28-2006 at 04:31 PM

classless
tasteless
tacky

in you, end dough.:fire::P:barf:

roundtuit - 7-28-2006 at 04:39 PM

should have stayed in the sandbox with his thoughts and out of Baja:moon::moon::moon::moon:

Asuncion locals

Skipjack Joe - 7-28-2006 at 05:40 PM

I've been going to Asuncion for the last 2 summers and have spoken about Shari with the locals. They have had nothing but good things to say about her. Don't know how these ugly rumors start.

jimgrms - 7-28-2006 at 06:09 PM

Sandbox it is proably sour grapes. should have been handled with a u2u
a little class gooes a long way

shari - 7-28-2006 at 07:37 PM

Yes well, don't ya just love messen around in sandboxes...indeed a U2 would have been thoughtful but perhaps the sandbox meant to smear me in this forum...interesting though....indeed in small towns there is lots of gossip and it's oh so fun to mess with the gringos, but I rather doubt it was a "local mexican" as they don't usually offer character assasinations unsolicited. I figure I know EXACTLY who you spoke to as this fellow stops all gringos in town so he can "warn" them about us...and it would be interesting to know just who the shady gringos are, as there are only 3 of us here.
For you honorable Nomads, I will answer this briefly by mentioning that we did help out a fellow who got ripped off badly by a mexican man and so we leased him half a lot of ours....but he began dealing in illegal substances and doing other highly illegal things and so he was kindly asked to leave by the authorites...our lots are completely legal and my husband, who was born here is free to do what he pleases with them. It's kind of a long story and it was written in his lease that when he goes he goes and leaves the lease behind...blah blah....I don't think I need to go into detail, just trust me, we did the right thing and it was all legal. There have NEVER been any illegal land deals here. We have helped another friend buy a piece of land through a fidocomiso and he was very grateful for our assistance. We have never benefited financially from helping anyone find a lot...just helped our mexican friends sell their lots. My husband is an outstanding citizen, loved by most...but ya can't please everybody and somebody has always got some bee in their bonnet, whether it's an ex wife or jealous neighbor or just somebody who heard a nasty (untrue) rumour. It is always a problem in this country with jealousy and some people just dont want others to get ahead, or to do anything smart. Before I married my husband, I hear all kinds of kinky stuff about me that was SOOOO NOOOOT TRUE, but people love to talk about the new girl in town...soap opera stuff...they love it. But we get along very well in this village thank you...perhaps sandbox could come and do a poll? Anyway sandbox, too bad ya ran into the wrong guy...(if indeed you did) but hey....I know I'm a fine upstanding loveable person so all this is just water off a ducks back....(although it does pee me off). Somebody also called the radio station and they said the same thing so I'm getting used to it. Just some bad information in the wrong hands can get blown way out of proportion....so my friends come and talk to us in person if you want all the lo down!! We can swill a few tecates and shoot the breeze and eat some sour grapes!

shari - 7-28-2006 at 08:00 PM

And another thing....a big gracias amigo to SkipJack Joe....my heart sank when I read sandbox's nasty comments but I felt immediately better when I read yours...hope to meet you soon so you can see for yourself what quality folks we really are. (not bragging, just tellin it like it is!)

Bajaboy - 7-28-2006 at 08:54 PM

I'll attest to Shari and Juan's character. They are true amigos! If you are ever in the area, definately look them up. We met many locals during our stay and all were friends of Juan and Shari. You know what you find in a sandbox?!

Zac

the picture is Juan, Shari, my wife Tracy, and myself

SiReNiTa - 7-28-2006 at 09:02 PM

right you are mom, and guys...i haver to say my mom is one of the best people you can meet, even though she doesn't know how to set a price...witch is why i should be her manager...(jokin')she is very loyal and has shown me that life is no lolly pop, and about the locals in asuncion most of them love her but as she already said you can never please everyone...as long as i know that she is the person i think she is then it does not concern me what other people think about me or her! mom keep up the good spirit you know i love you!!!
OH one other thing, any nomads who want to say anything nasty about MY mom, you will have to answer directly to ME an angry teen...no one messes with my mamacita!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ps. thank's to all the people who stood by my mom with sandbox's comments...who know what he heard or who he heard it from but if he believed it, well i'm sorry to say he should find out facts before talking.

elgatoloco - 7-28-2006 at 11:11 PM

My wife Baja Barb & I also had the good fortune to run across Shari & Jaun's path. They are the type of folks that make Baja special. They invited us into their home and made us feel like family. Can't wait to return.

Don't sweat the small stuff!

Skeet/Loreto - 7-29-2006 at 04:12 AM

Shari:
Your answer was a Classic example of a "Women of Character' or more like "A woman of Substance".!
Living in Baja Sur and Loreto for so many years your answer was a True reflection of a small community in Baja Sur. Very much like Loreto.
My wife an I were in your community many years ago when there was a Factory making buttons from Shells{if my memory is correct}.
I applaud you Character and you Adventureous Spirit.
God Bless you and Yours!
Skeet/Loreto
Skeet/Texas
Anon The Preadher
Skeeter Peter

Diver - 7-29-2006 at 06:10 AM

Shari,

Seems you have raised a very wonderful daughter !!
You can't be all that bad !! :lol:

Now did you say something about ocean view lots for $4000 ??
Hear that noise ? It's me knocking on your door in a few minutes !
Hope to see you this fall.

shari - 7-29-2006 at 11:33 AM

Muchisimas gracias a todos mis amigos and amigos to be...your comments are heart warming and I really appreciate your support. I've always tried to treat people like I like to be treated...fairly, honestly,warmly and with respect and it really does hurt my feeling that someone is bad mouthing me based on outright lies. We've been burned badly by more than one gringo but continue to treat each one who shows up on our doorstep like family.

Skeet, that button factory actually doesn't make buttons but they are playing pieces for the game "Goh". It is closed down right now as the prices dropped for them, there must be another cheaper provider. too bad as it was an employer of lots of women here and folk who collected the shells which they were stamped out of.

After thinking about this last night, something that struck me as strange and cowardly is that sandbox was very happy to divulge my name to everyone but for some reason isn't willing to reveal who is slandering us! What is that all about? I would really appreciate knowing who this or these people are so we can calmly speak to them personally about this and set them straight on the facts. We have a fine reputation here and I would like it to continue that way. So whay do ya say sandbox....are you man enough to help us deal with this little problema? I'd really appreciate it....and who are the shady gringos? The one older gentleman who lives here helps many mexican families and is an upstanding citizen and my dear friend who lives here part time is the most helpful, generous, honest man I've ever met. So who are these shady ones? I'd like to know so I can avoid them or at least judge for myself.
Everyone I know here wants more gringos to settle here as they bring their dollars to this poor community, the stores, the services, and folks that make friends with them...I have NEVER heard of any reservations about gringos buying or leasing land here. On the contrary, lots of people ask us if we know anyone interested in buying their lots. And yes there are lots available for cheap, someone (I won't mention names as this seems to be the trend) just bought a lovely beachfront lot with a house on it for $4,000. There are quite a few bare lots too for less than half of that. YOu can contact the land office in Sta.Rosalia to see what is available. But I guess sandbox wouldn't want to buy one as he thinks the village doesn't like gringos.......

Natalie Ann - 7-29-2006 at 11:58 AM

Know what, Shari? Sandbox didn't talk to anyone, locals or not... posted that because it's what he/she regards as fun. You spoke for yourself and your family quite eloquently, as did your dear daughter. Many good folks on this board have met you or know of you, and along with the rest of us they know these accusations to be the rantings of a simple mind. You're good people. My suggestion is you try to forget this nasty incident... it's not worthy of any more of your time.

sandbox - 7-29-2006 at 12:33 PM

KILL ME PLEASE!

...because I'm the messenger and my death will prove, er, something. I feel like a member of the White House press corps, reviled for asking a certain question and still waiting for the answer.

For the record - I didn't pass ANY judgements on anyone in my post. Not on you Shari, not on the locals. Okay I did pass judgement on the creepy gringo, but its pretty warranted (its not the person you mentioned- keep looking, its a small town).

But I want to be clear here: I did not slander Shari one iota. In fact, I thought I was kind of doing you a favor by letting you know. And apart from all the backslapping that goes on this forum, I was interested in learning more about the 'real' situation in Asuncion. It is an issue of substance, maybe a little unpeasant, but relevant in my eyes. Shari you always seemed very pleasant in our correspondence and I have no reason to believe otherwise. The issue is what I HEARD from people while I was there. I did not know them well, so I took everything they said with a grain of salt. Again, I admit freely: whether or not their gripe with you is warranted I haven't a clue. All I know is that there is some tension b/t you and some of the Mexicans. That is apparently a FACT (over which I have no control, btw). There were a lot of things they said that I have refrained from posting, keep in mind (and won't post fyi). I even said in my post that I knew there two sides to every story, and that was the entire reason I mentioned it.

I figured it would be a bit of a provocative post, but there is really nothing wrong with that. Perhaps some of the sensitivity I'm picking up derives from the fact you are using this website to promote yourself commercially, which is fine. But I'm just here to learn about Baja, for better or worse. That involves disclosure (maybe I'm in the wrong place?). Let's all remember that its easy to represent ourselves in a certain pleasant light here, and for this site to be useful we need to be prepared to peel the onion once in while.

Shari, I cannot name names of the people who have a beef with you because now I doubt it would be productive. I made the mistake of posting the earlier comment, and I'm not going to compound that by engaging the matter further. I liked the people I spoke to, and [I think] you're cool too Shari. I'm hoping this is all just a silly beef that will fade with time, though I doubt it.

And so I'm over it (and probably all by myself on that point).

Natalie Ann - 7-29-2006 at 12:48 PM

Quote:

But I want to be clear here: I did not slander Shari one iota.

You did, however commit libel. I direct your attention to item 2a below.

From the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Main Entry: 1li?bel
Pronunciation: 'lI-b&l
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, written declaration, from Anglo-French, from Latin libellus, diminutive of liber book
1 a : a written statement in which a plaintiff in certain courts sets forth the cause of action or the relief sought b archaic : a handbill especially attacking or defaming someone
2 a : a written or oral defamatory statement or representation that conveys an unjustly unfavorable impression b (1) : a statement or representation published without just cause and tending to expose another to public contempt (2) : defamation of a person by written or representational means (3) : the publication of blasphemous, treasonable, seditious, or obscene writings or pictures (4) : the act, tort, or crime of publishing such a libel

sandbox - 7-29-2006 at 01:12 PM

Wow Natalie, your input is really constructive. I make a concilliatory comment and you try to regress into the previous confrontation. Maybe you should work for our state department.

You seem bent on painting me the character assasin (libel?), only I never made representations that the libel committed by others was true. I only mentioned the libel and asked Shari to comment. Make no mistake, I WAS talking about libel. But I put it in context of others having made those comments, and invited Shari to dispel any untruths. In other words, it was not my motive to impugn Shari but rather to address said libel so as to determine whether it had any merit.

So for all your Merriam-Webster snarkiness, I think you still miss the point...

Courtesy of Wikipedia:

Snark

Pronunciation: 'sn?rk
Rhymes: a;(r)k

Noun

Snark refers to a belittling style of speech or writing. It could loosely be described as irritable or "snidely derisive"; hence, 'snarkish', 'snarky', 'to snark at somebody'. (The Urban Dictionary refers to it as a contraction of "snide remark".)

This word has Germanic origins and is etymologically unrelated to the imaginary creature in Lewis Carroll's The Hunting of the Snark.

(...and I can dish out the snark, if forced to receive it.)

[Edited on 7-29-2006 by sandbox]

[Edited on 7-29-2006 by sandbox]

Mean-Mouthing!

Cypress - 7-29-2006 at 01:23 PM

Brings to mind something that was passed on to me a long time ago. " If you haven't got something good to say about somebody it's best not to say anything at all." Have ignored that advice a time or two. To my regret. Shari, looking foreward to seeing you and your family(horses included) in a year or so.

sandbox - 7-29-2006 at 01:49 PM

Fair enough Cypress. But when the locals I spoke to mean-mouthed Shari, they raised some points that made me very curious. Perhaps I shouldn't have brought it up, but I didn't think it would be taken so badly. I thought that either a) Shari would ignore it, or b) she'd divulge a little about the possible tension between Mexicans and Gringos in the area. Didn't figure on there being a "c)," so your point is taken. Maybe the post was not a good idea, but the vitriol it spawned is a bit much, don't you think?

Sandbox? Quicksand?

Cypress - 7-29-2006 at 01:54 PM

Let it go Sandbox.

SiReNiTa - 7-29-2006 at 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sandbox
KILL ME PLEASE

RESPONSE:

gladly! anyone who has enough nerve to diss anyone that way, and it may be true that you meant no harm but anyone who has the nerve to talk without knowing facts should not talk at all for they are wrong most of the time so i suggest you investigate and see for yourself what we are like sandbox, then and only then are you to judge us.

Quote:
Shari, I cannot name names of the people who have a beef with you because now I doubt it would be productive. I made the mistake of posting the earlier comment, and I'm not going to compound that by engaging the matter further. I liked the people I spoke to, and [I think] you're cool too Shari. I'm hoping this is all just a silly beef that will fade with time, though I doubt it.

RESPONSE:

so, your saying that it would not be productive, oh and telling everyone what "someone" said about my mom was???, you know what i think? i think you are scared that you just started something with no bases what soever and eventually someone is going to find out and my dear (or not) sandbox you will be the one with a problem.

Al G - 7-29-2006 at 03:47 PM

Quote:
KILL ME PLEASE!

"I feel like a member of the White House press corps, reviled for asking a certain question and still waiting for the answer.""

Perfect reply in an off topic thread with no concern for others

"For the record - I didn't pass ANY judgements on anyone in my post. Not on you Shari, not on the locals. Okay I did pass judgment on the creepy gringo, but its pretty warranted "

You were only asking for Sheri to pass judgment on others and herself in a public forum, for your benefit.

"But I want to be clear here: I did not slander Shari one iota."

The fact is, starting a rumor over hear say in a very public forum is slander. Childish at best. How old are you? It seems to me you lack experience in the human emotions. You sound more like a reporter for a tabloid issuing a Disclaimer. We have our token 12 years old...no more needed.

In fact, I thought I was kind of doing you a favor"

I doubt this, but if you want to admit to being that tacky............Well, who knows if you were a young gossiping woman?..Maybe.

? And apart from all the backslapping that goes on this forum?

This is not the usual, but your tasteless post made it a no brainer.

?I was interested in learning more about the 'real' situation in Asuncion. It is an issue of substance, maybe a little unpeasant, but relevant in my eyes?. Shari you always seemed very pleasant in our correspondence and I have no reason to believe otherwise. The issue is what I HEARD from people while I was there. I did not know them well, so I took everything they said with a grain of salt.?

This entire statement concludes you should have asked your question in private.

?Again, I admit freely: whether or not their gripe with you is warranted I haven't a clue.?

Maybe you have never lived in a small town. From your original post, I doubt you have that little amount of experience with gossip though. In fact I believe you are an enabler.

?There were a lot of things they said that I have refrained from posting?

Maybe the one thing that you did right, unless you have a personal stake (big question mark) There is not a reason for not U2U to Sheri. I am sure you know there are some of us thinking you may be the person in Asunci?n.

?I figured it would be a bit of a provocative post, but there is really nothing wrong with that. Perhaps some of the sensitivity I'm picking up derives from the fact you are using this website to promote yourself commercially, which is fine. But I'm just here to learn about Baja, for better or worse. That involves disclosure (maybe I'm in the wrong place?). Let's all remember that its easy to represent ourselves in a certain pleasant light here, and for this site to be useful we need to be prepared to peel the onion once in while.?

This entire paragraph smacks of ?I?ll pull your hair out?

The bottom line is if you reconsider you post and post a sincere apology even new kids on the block get some respect. Believe me it is worth it.

?And so I'm over it (and probably all by myself on that point). ?

Please think where this would be if you would have ask and explored in private.
You may have helped solved a minor gossip problem, that ALL small pueblos have.
Maybe a dear friend on both sides, that we all work hard for, and need. Life is a lot sweeter with dear friends. These little local problems work themselves out over time or sooner with a little help, if you really care. One thing for sure if you don?t help, when the problem is no more you will be on the outside looking in.
Albert

SiReNiTa - 7-29-2006 at 03:53 PM

well it would have been good to be a little kinder with your word choice to begin with, and on another hand maybe you should have don your "inquiring" on a more discreet level...what do you think nomads???

jimgrms - 7-29-2006 at 05:25 PM

Sandbox do you want to be shot or hung Lmao you were wrong admit it and apoligize to the lady and her family
jim grooms
denver co

[Edited on 7-30-2006 by jimgrms]

Natalie Ann - 7-29-2006 at 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SiReNiTa
... maybe you should have don your "inquiring" on a more discreet level...

Excellent point, SiReNiTa. Obviously your mom raised you to have manners.

Nena the snark ;D

bancoduo - 7-29-2006 at 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jimgrms
Sandbox do you want to be shot or hung Lmao you were wrong admit it and apoligize to the lady and her family
jim grooms
denver co

[Edited on 7-30-2006 by jimgrms]
NO! NO! bro. You don't want to be shooting people. [IBEW]:no::lol::lol::lol:

SiReNiTa - 7-29-2006 at 09:22 PM

thank you natalie, and yes she did raise me with manners and a hard head if i may say so, or at least she tried her best...hehe...but anyway i think we have grilled the guy a little to much, so as soon as he admits he is wrong and takes what corresponds to him well...i think maybe we should lay of his case with a fare warning...sandbox: YOU DO NOT MESS WITH MY MAMMA

sandbox - 7-30-2006 at 12:27 AM

Shari, baby, I'm sorry. Sincerely. Don't bother with the source of the gossip- it's my fault for spreading it.

Diver - 7-30-2006 at 08:25 AM

Baby ?? ooooooooo ! :(

If Sandbox is married, it won't last for long !!
No sense for the female intellect !
My wife would KILL him with a look !!

Shari and Sirenita!

eetdrt88 - 7-30-2006 at 10:23 AM

its great to have both of you here on Nomads and I love gettin all the info about Asuncion as I am looking forward to getting down that way someday soon:cool:

Mexitron - 7-30-2006 at 10:42 AM

Shari--you mentioned the land office in Santa Rosalia for info on buying land in Asuncion...could you direct me on how to contact them or see their listings? Thanks.

sandbox - 7-30-2006 at 11:27 AM

Its frankie valli, so just relax your sphincters people. Everyone take a deep breath and notice that I apologized. You can all return to your quasi-legal real estate plundering now.

You'll miss the goat when I'm gone.

Diver - 7-30-2006 at 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by eetdrt88
Shari and Serenita
its great to have both of you here on Nomads and I love gettin all the info about Asuncion as I am looking forward to getting down that way someday soon:cool:

Ditto !! Great energy !!

Quote:
You'll miss the goat when I'm gone.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

sandbox - 7-30-2006 at 11:49 AM

:yawn:

Al G - 7-30-2006 at 07:23 PM

Quote:
Shari, baby, I'm sorry. Sincerely. Don't bother with the source of the gossip- it's my fault for spreading it.

This is about as sincere as women get so I think you have fortitude. Keep posting with a positive attitude and we will all learn and enjoy Baja.

shari - 7-31-2006 at 04:17 PM

Hey kids...glad everyone's enjoying this...sandbox, I really was unaware of ANY tensions between us and the mexicans here except with one official who is cheesed off with us as we went over his head to his superior who is more honest and easier to deal with. That is why I would really appreciate knowing who this or these people are...if it's the same guy, no problem, I know what he's got up his butt, but if there really is a serious issue, I would like to deal with it. But I believe I answered your curiosity buy telling you there has been no illegal dealings.
I initially began on this forum because there wasn't any info on our lovely area. I feel I am doing the whole area a favor by posting photos etc. so more people come here to help the local merchants support their families. I see nothing wrong with supplementing our meagre fisherman's income by inviting visitors to stay with us. We have a business license to do so. We get very few visitors but those who do come and stay with us have a great time and usually come back. Ask Bajaboy and ElGato how much we charged them???? Nada.
I don't really take your apology seriously as only my friends address me as Shari baby and anyone else using this term only shows disrespect. But I would respect you if you just let me know who is mean mouthing us so we can relieve the tensions. please....again thanks for all your support nomads

SiReNiTa - 8-1-2006 at 09:21 AM

shariiiiiiiiii shariiiiiiiiiiii baaaaaaaaaaaabyyyyyyyyyyyy...lalala...hehe...nice one mom, yeah sandbox, only people that are her friends call her that...or other wise her darling daughter..mhm:biggrin::saint: but i guess you said you were sorry so i rest my case...but pleaseeeeeeeeeeee do not get all comfortable and stuff with us because you are not on the right track yet...thank's to all the nomads who are supporting my darling mamma she is an angel...for real, i'm soo lucky to have her and no one is gonna mess with her...hm so there...lmao:P:biggrin: