BajaNomad

Juan del rio check your u2u

MICK - 7-27-2006 at 06:10 PM

Thanks

Juan here...

Juan del Rio - 7-28-2006 at 07:31 AM

Mick,wow, I found it amazing that there were eighteen views for me to check my U2U! Anyway since there is that much interest, I thought I'd give some of the current conditions in San Somewhere as of Friday morning:

Roads...South road is in great shape. 80% of the pot holes from Insurgentes to the turn off have been filled...but don't let your guard down; there are some that still come up to bite. East Road (from reports) say it's it old rocky self and good for a "Baja Adventure" no major problems. North Road: I spoke with a young lady yesterday who came in a Mazada pickup (stock) via the salt flats and said it was no problem. As usual (like most of us who drive it) she got a little turned around, but kept heading south and made it ok with no problems.

Ocean Water. I don't have a temp gauge, but you'd think it's in the low eighties...some small surf. Just enough to make a smile on your face. At the moment, not a lot of folks in the campground or water.

Air: in the eighties during the day, very nice in the evenings. The tropical depression that blew through earlier in the week was nasty with the dust and blew all the tents down. Many people left as it rained (not much) for the first time all year and really cooled things off. Low mosquito popuation at the moment.

Town Drama: At the moment, low. But there is a wedding and
Quinceaira(?) scheduled for this weekend...the Tecate will be flowing.

capt. mike - 7-28-2006 at 04:35 PM

hey Juan - R U there now? in san somewhere?

Yep, here.

Juan del Rio - 7-29-2006 at 02:43 PM

Saturday afternoon at 3:00 p.m.
Here with just the family.
Beautiful day at the playa!

Bob and Susan - 7-29-2006 at 02:47 PM

who are ALL those people????

and

how did they find San Somewhere????

...4 days ago...

Juan del Rio - 7-29-2006 at 02:48 PM

Emilla blowin' through on Wednesday: