BajaNomad

Budget Hotel in CSL?

jeans - 8-6-2006 at 11:18 AM

Budget Hotel in CSL?

Is there such a thing?...in August? I will be down there Friday & Saturday on business (no beach & margaritas on this trip )

Are there any Nomads in the area who could help me out?

Thanks ...please U2U or email goldilocks at bigfoot.com

bajajudy - 8-6-2006 at 11:34 AM

Mar de Cortez is a good choice.
http://www.mardecortez.com/

bajajudy - 8-6-2006 at 11:40 AM

Here is another smaller place

http://www.cabosiestasuites.com/

CaboMagic - 8-6-2006 at 11:45 AM

Hello Jeans

Second Judys recomendation on Mar de Cortez ... Nicely maintained. Hospitable accomodating staff. A/C Daily maid service. Nice swimming pool and very good restaurant on site.

The USA agency that handles their reservations is 800 347 8821 - plz extend our best to Nat.

You can walk to everything depending of course on where your business meetings are. There is a taxi stand out front for ease of transportation needs as well.

Please stop in and say hello as our office is about twenty footsteps away.

Lori

bajajudy - 8-6-2006 at 11:48 AM

Jeans
I went back to read more and found a statement that they are doing pool work starting Aug 15 for three or four weeks. Might not be the best time to stay there.

jeans - 8-6-2006 at 01:28 PM

Thanks Judy & Lori...I had no idea that rooms could be as low as $40-$55 dollars.

The woman I am meeting is being put up at some place called Pacifica. If I'm thinking of the right place, it's a high dollar resort.

According to the websites, Aug & Sept are discount months, but the airlines raised their prices $200 in August. If we waited until Sept. they woud go down again...Alas...the timing is now.

Thank you....

I Second Siesta Suites

M_Man - 8-6-2006 at 03:20 PM

No pool, but the rooms have kitchenettes. Nice Canuk owners too.

Cypress - 8-6-2006 at 03:27 PM

Cabo is a high dollar play land. Might get somebody to sub-out a space off the main path? It'll be fun. Good luck!

bajajudy - 8-6-2006 at 03:30 PM

M_M
The picture on their website shows a pool. Check it out.

bajajudy - 8-6-2006 at 03:31 PM

Cypress
Do you consider $50/night high dollar?:saint:

$50/night room.

Cypress - 8-6-2006 at 03:55 PM

Not bad! Hard to get parking for that price down there.

CaboMagic - 8-6-2006 at 06:04 PM

Hi Jeans ... you will get what you pay for but it is a nicely maintained property .. you can rent a small fridge for usd $10 extra per night .. good for keeping yogurt/beverages etc chilled... if tv is a must have they dont .. The building has two floors.

If you decide on Siesta Suites ask for the highest floor possible .. they dont use insulation between floors & if you are a light sleeper ....

Pacifica is a lovely resort - peaceful and not a detail overlooked.

There is no slo season for us .. the less popular months for tourists because of the heat/humidity is very popular for fisherfolk that know the hotter the air, the hotter the water, the hotter the results are 'usually' on the water.

Let me know if you need anything .. Our staff can assist you with getting around if needed. Lori

bancoduo - 8-6-2006 at 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jeans
Thanks Judy & Lori...I had no idea that rooms could be as low as $40-$55 dollars.

The woman I am meeting is being put up at some place called Pacifica. If I'm thinking of the right place, it's a high dollar resort.

According to the websites, Aug & Sept are discount months, but the airlines raised their prices $200 in August. If we waited until Sept. they woud go down again...Alas...the timing is now.

Thank you....
Why don't you stay with the woman you are meeting and let whoever is putting her up pay for it. Get on the ball dude!:no::lol::lol:

bajajudy - 8-6-2006 at 07:08 PM

Banco Jeans is a:dudette:

osoflojo - 8-7-2006 at 01:02 PM

For what it is worth, I have put folks up at both the Mar and Siesta and the only real criticism seems to be that there can be a bit more noise at the Siesta and the rooms are a bit smaller. Otherwise both are good bets..........

Thank you Judy & Lori

jeans - 8-7-2006 at 01:09 PM

Your posts were very helpful....So it is raining now? I'll have to keep an eye on what is happening by next weekend.

Lori - your offer of assistance is truly appreciated. I'm looking forward to meeting you.

BajaNomad - 8-7-2006 at 10:51 PM

Is the Hotel/Motel El Dorado still on Morelos? Used to stay there and was quite happy. Depends on your standards. Quite a few Mexican traveling businesspeople would stay there when I was there. Families as well.

I would imagine that the month of September can be inexpensive since historically that is THE month for Chubascos!!!

--
Doug

[Edited on 8-8-2006 by BajaNomad]

Been a While

M_Man - 8-8-2006 at 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajudy
M_M
The picture on their website shows a pool. Check it out.

I think it was 1998 when we stayed there...no pool then...not much of a price increase either!

We enjoyed the place. we did good on tuna right off the Arco and did sashimi for the whole hotel...it was our last stay in CSL...

In fact, we started out at Rancho Leonero, but got blown out by early Northerlies. The folks at RL refunded the balance of our deposit, called Mar de Cortez for us, booked us a panga, and dispatched Jesse to run us into CSL...what an epic!

Cabo was hoppin' as it was the week before the Bisbee, we stayed in two different rooms at MdC, before they handed us off to the Siesta Suites for a couple of days, but they took care of our frozen fish for us.

Heather - 8-10-2006 at 02:26 PM

Hotel Dorado is still on Morelos (now, the street that goes up!). My sister was there and paid about $550 pesos for a double. There is a pool, albeit dirty, and friendly staff.
There is also a newer place across from the CCC on the road to Todo Santos that is between 350-450 pesos/night. Called Hotel Oasis. We stayed in the sister hotel in La Paz and it was great!
Mar de Cortez is always a good bet, too. Centrally located and the pool! Saludos, Heather

Where I ended up

jeans - 8-20-2006 at 10:46 PM

Since this was a budget trip...I took advantage of a room that was given in the spirit of "the cause".

Club Cabo is a rustic campground with a few small bungalows located a little outside of town towards Costo. As it turned out, it was not real convenient for me as I was without wheels and it was a bit of a hike to the highway to catch the bus and a long, dark walk after nightfall. But the location was quiet & shady, the room was clean with a very comfortable bed, tons of water pressure and crankin' AC. The pool was clean and very refreshing. I was happy...

The walled compound would be secure at night for those with vehicles.....and the price was right. I am very appreciative of my hosts, Martin & Irene Rozendaal's generiosity.

Packoderm - 8-21-2006 at 05:10 AM

We stayed at Club Cabo back in the mid '90s. We brought our bicycles with us, so transportation was not a problem at all. They didn't have a pool then - they had a trampoline instead. We stayed in the room downstairs from the one with the palapa roof. It had a semi-outside area that was nice. I remember us having to add therma-rests to the bed to make it soft enough. I also remember them having a little dog named Coco that would snuggle in the bed with us. The owner was a bit weird until he figured out that I was on the level, and then he was ok. His wife was nice the whole time. It would be an interesting idea for them to get some Schwinn single speed cruisers, braze the name Club Cabo on the frame and other metal pieces and paint them up to make them less appealing to thieves, then loan them out to their hotel guests - that is unless the traffic has gotten bad since we were there.

Heather - 8-21-2006 at 09:30 AM

We stayed at Club Cabo for about 2 weeks one summer. In the same downstairs unit as Packoderm, I believe. It had a little kitchen area in front. The pool was great, but I thought the owner was a jerk!! We had my nieces and step-sons and he was always getting on them about being quiet and not getting dirt around etc. (they were ages 3-10 at that time!). He did let us use the trampoline, but he was just kind of weird. The wife was great and I enjoyed talking with her. Haven't been by there in a few years, we used to tell stories about the fairies and other creatures when we drove down that road at night. I'm sure that there is a lot more traffic, and development down that way! H.