BajaNomad

Loreto Bay's Latest Ad..

LaTijereta - 8-12-2006 at 03:59 PM

Loreto Bay's new add for a kayak ride off the beach....

THAT .....

djh - 8-12-2006 at 04:55 PM

is a good one ! !
djh

vandenberg - 8-12-2006 at 05:00 PM

Stolen from the Gazette, which in turn stole it from another publication. Can'remember which one.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

surfer jim - 8-12-2006 at 06:25 PM

I'm glad that is not a surfer......

(another reason not to eat fish....then they won't eat you.....old surfer legend.....)

Bob and Susan - 8-12-2006 at 08:03 PM

This photograph is genuine and was taken from a September 2005 Africa Geographic article titled "Shark Detectives," about researchers studying Great White sharks off the coast of South Africa.

http://snopes.com/photos/animals/sharkkayak.asp

djh - 8-12-2006 at 09:41 PM

I traded for my first kayak in 1972 - a Folboat brand tandem "skin" (vinylized canvas) kayak that I also learned to sail in... (had a simple lateen rig and leeboard... wouldn't go to weather very well) "somewhat" puncture resistant, though not to sharp sharks teeth...!

THAT picture is a bit un-nerving to me (a lifetime kayaker ! !)

My current (and likely my last) 18' Necky Arluk kayak (with full sailing rig, main, furling jib, leeboard, rudder, all the nice bells and whistles) is KEVLAR... yaknow that incredibly strong stuff they make bullet proof vests out of....

Well.... I hope to NEVER test its tensile strength in conditions like THAT !

:O djh

Leave it to LB....

Sharksbaja - 8-13-2006 at 11:19 AM

to heist a photo to promote themselves.:moon: It's not like they don't have the money and resources to get their own footage. Far fewer GWs in SOC than S. Africa.

Don Alley - 8-13-2006 at 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
to heist a photo to promote themselves.:moon: It's not like they don't have the money and resources to get their own footage. Far fewer GWs in SOC than S. Africa.

I think LaTijereta was foolin' with us about LB.

Funny thing about LB...have they taken their stickers off their white pickup trucks? I know of at least a couple that have lost the stickers. What's up with that? Stealth mode?

Sharksbaja - 8-13-2006 at 12:49 PM

Quote:
Quote:

I think LaTijereta was foolin' with us about LB.

It was along night.......:yawn:

If that is their idea of promotion...

thebajarunner - 8-13-2006 at 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja

they need to hire a new ad agency...