BajaNomad

STA.ROSALILLITA construction in full swing

shari - 8-19-2006 at 09:59 AM

Hola amigos, on our way back south from Ensenada we popped in to Sta.Rosalillita to see family there and go for a swim to cool off as it is now the closest swim stop to the highway. It's the first time I'd been in since the road was paved and WOW..10 minutes from the highway to the beach...crazy! I took this photo of the new development there and as you can see there is work being done there. Not one checkpoint from Ensenada to Asuncion. The potholes on the highway from Vizcaino to Asuncion have been filled but watch out for those sand dunes on the road.

Tomas Tierra - 8-19-2006 at 10:06 AM

:no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::barf:

Good money being thrown in after bad money?????------

Barry A. - 8-19-2006 at 10:27 AM

I am very skeptical------------

Bob H - 8-19-2006 at 11:17 AM

Shari, is the road paved all the way in now?
Bob H

capt. mike - 8-19-2006 at 05:48 PM

looks like a pretty nice deal to me. is this the one that even if they build it, no one will come????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

woody with a view - 8-19-2006 at 06:38 PM

Quote:

Shari, is the road paved all the way in now?

last spring the locals were :lol: because they could not keep up with the sand deposits at the mouth of the marina. dredge as they may, they felt there was no hope....but, since there is a paycheck to be had, they were still pumping sand.

oh, and the road was magnifico!!!

shari - 8-21-2006 at 03:44 PM

Yessireee Bob, it's paved all the way to the beach now....and yeah, my old pal Alejandro loves this project as they are paying him big bucks for the rock for the breakwater and when a big swell comes in, it throws those rocks off the top of the breakwater...so they always need more...tee hee. I can't imagine this marina ever working either, too much silt and swell...the ocean rules....but it sure is nice to be able to visit our relatives there now that it only takes 10 minutes from the highway!

Check points

bajaboyd - 8-22-2006 at 06:22 AM

Interesting comment about check points. I drove from Sta. Rosallita to San Quintin on August 11 and went through three checkpoints. What a difference a week makes!

shari - 8-22-2006 at 05:49 PM

checkpoints were there but not stopping any vehicles

Hook - 8-25-2006 at 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaboyd
Interesting comment about check points. I drove from Sta. Rosallita to San Quintin on August 11 and went through three checkpoints. What a difference a week makes!

She was headed south....makes all the difference in the world.

Hell, I'll fish that area if they want to run a dredger 24/7....

Don Jorge, let's get down there!

[Edited on 8-26-2006 by Hook]

Don Alley - 8-26-2006 at 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
looks like a pretty nice deal to me. is this the one that even if they build it, no one will come????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well, as part of the Escalera Nautica project, this marina (assuming it's completed and maintained) is not, along with the rest of the project, going to do mush to help bring tens of thousands of American yachts as first envisioned by the project dreamers.

But there is some darn good fishing of the Pacific side, with limited launching, access, etc for small boats. I think this marina, again assuming they get it running, will be popular with trailerboat fishermen and would support resident sport charters.

Hook wants to go.:D
Maybe me too.:D

surfer jim - 8-28-2006 at 10:07 PM

Should make a good surf break when it fills in with sand....and you can fish from the rocks.....

lenguado?

Paulina - 8-29-2006 at 11:12 AM

Should make for epic halibut fishing...

[Edited on 29-8-2006 by Paulina]

Crusoe - 10-23-2006 at 07:45 AM

Nature Will-------Bat Last Here!!!!!!!!:yes:

4baja - 10-23-2006 at 05:32 PM

they dont check heading south. doesnt look like much more has been done since being there last year. manana:bounce:

new break?

skydiveblake - 10-27-2006 at 07:03 AM

Haha! That youtube vid was awesome. The whole marina filled in? Sweet looking wave too.

vgabndo - 10-27-2006 at 05:51 PM

Like a lot of folks, I think I liked it a lot better the first time I was there.

Santa Rasalillita.jpg - 30kB

Gadget - 11-26-2006 at 03:36 PM

Unfortunately any wave the breakwater creates is a fractured fraction of the ruined longest right point break in all of Baja.
The talk I've heard is that the cost to do the Environmental reports the courts ordered to be done for each habitat sensitive site for the entire Escalerra Nautica system was over 3 Billion dollars. Who's going to come up with that kind of coin for a project that has already been proven to have been usage overstated by 10 times? Heck, I'll do one of those reports for them at a fraction of the cost, retire and they'll still never finish it.
Last year I thought Surfrider and WildCoast had it all shut down. Our folks have a place in BoLA and there is no further construction there, which was the proposed Mar de Cortez drop point. They sure got a nice new and much needed road out of it though. Very interesting that construction continues at SR.
See you in Baja
Gadget

David K - 11-26-2006 at 03:47 PM

Also the new pavement and signs at Bahia de L.A. to La Gringa (paved road ends by Los Vientos/La Ventana roads) tell of Escalera Stupida work.

La Gringa beach area (before Punta La Gringa) has new fence preventing free access to beach camping. The Punta La Gringa fence/ gate is open.

Worry bout BOLA

Sharksbaja - 11-26-2006 at 03:57 PM

As soon as the transmission lines are completed they will have plenty of new company there. Just need a couple new wells and whamo, instant "modern" community.

[Edited on 11-26-2006 by Sharksbaja]

Gadget - 11-26-2006 at 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Also the new pavement and signs at Bahia de L.A. to La Gringa (paved road ends by Los Vientos/La Ventana roads) tell of Escalera Stupida work.

La Gringa beach area (before Punta La Gringa) has new fence preventing free access to beach camping. The Punta La Gringa fence/ gate is open.

I never go out there as the folks live south of town. I guess the above areas would be where things would get built. Things changed pretty fast there with new road. 2 Pemex's? Wish they had put one of them out at Parador. A trip through the 7 sisters leaves you on fumes back out at Mex 1 without major range.

CShirk - 12-6-2006 at 10:35 AM

I usually have to drive down to Villa Jesus Maria to get diesel before making the trek back up the seven sisters.
Anyone notice how freakin' wide the road is into Santa Rosalillita? I had a skateboard with me on the last trip and I swear it was the best hill ever! freshly paved and wider than a freeway!

Mexitron - 12-6-2006 at 10:51 AM

Hey--skateboardin' in Baja sounds like fun! Its that wide because of the long-term plan to make a four-lane highway over to Bay of LA for boat transfers to the gulf. Meanwhile, I'll bring my board next time...