BajaNomad

Phone & Internet

Capt. George - 12-5-2003 at 08:15 PM

Amigos, happy to say Deborah and I have a phone line in Loreto.....

613 135 2035

E-mail dadgcp@prodigy.net.mx

having a little problem with net, should be ok in a day or two. Settling in to Loreto life.....stop by or give a call when in town.

Capt. George

PS Will be more active on site as soon as all the kinks are ironed out...

Who would phone you, George

capn.sharky - 12-5-2003 at 10:07 PM

Never call a fireman unless there is a fire. Now, I might call Debra---cuz she's cute. But I ain't never calling a ugly fireman. Anyway, who could understand you as you speak New Yorkeese. See you in a month and a half. Sharky.:moon:

FUHGEDABOUDIT

Capt. George - 12-6-2003 at 06:31 AM

Sharky,

Ugly? That's not what you called me when we were holding hands! Wasn't it more like, "Macho Bombero, I just wish you were taller"? The truth is out, so much for your manly image..........

The Firefighter Without a Fire....

Phone line

Phil S - 12-6-2003 at 07:46 AM

Capt. George. Congratulations on the "ultra speedy" phone set up. How did you do it? Got a relative that works for the phone company? Maybe you offered Luiz an "bonus" to get the line? Anyway, that's great. Looking forward to seeing you and Debrah (classy lady) don't know how you "hooked" this lady? But she appears to be a great "catch" young man!!!! Since your such a great fisherman, just don't try to "stuff & mount" her!!! Just love the heck out of her, and she'll be around for a long time. Have you stopped by the wonderful "fire station" there yet??? They probably would like to have you as a volunteer fireman since you now have a phone. I'd sleep better at nights knowing one of NYC's finest was on hand. See you guys when we get back from our trip to the states for Navidad!! Don't work too hard on your new property. I'm envious!!! Remember. There is always, tomarrow.

Hola

Juan - 12-6-2003 at 08:54 AM

I'll stop by in a few months and say hi in person. Until then enjoy yourself and enjoy the yellow tail until spring. Best wishes, Juan

manana

Sallysouth - 12-6-2003 at 10:31 AM

We'll be there tomorrow! Not sure how long I will be staying,maybe thru Xmas. I'll give you a jingle from casa de Miller in a day or two. Can't wait to hold my new Granddaughter!! Hasta Pronto, Sally

LaTijereta - 12-6-2003 at 11:04 AM

Hola George!
You and Debra enjoy yourshelves over the holidays:yes: Sounds like you have got settled in, and even have visitors coming and going.. Hope you have some luck with the new property, and find some gravel for the rental on Calle Davis.
I have some friends staying at the house house over the holidays (Bob and Winnie). Stop by and say hello, they live over in Virgina, and this is their first trip back to Loreto in 12 years!
We should be back down in Feb. next year;D

Bajabus - 12-6-2003 at 01:14 PM

George, Glad to see you are settling in and had a safe trip.

As a retired firefighter I will make you the same offer I made to capt. Mike who has made numerous good samaritain flights.

I will sell you all the satellite internet equipment at cost and install for free (I will tell you precisly how to set it up and send you an already configured modem or if you come get me I'll do it for free). If you get tired of dial up just let me know.

I will do this for anyone that is a current or retired fire fighter, police officer or involved with medical rescue efforts.

reefrocket - 12-8-2003 at 01:14 PM

Just a warning reefrocket is 168 miles north and headed your way. Hope to meet Capt George and Msal sometime soon. Spent a week in Bya of Los Angels met Doc, 4Baja, and had a potluck dinner with Beach Bob.

We'll be in the neighborhood

vgabndo - 12-8-2003 at 09:51 PM

Hello, we don't know you, but we have a place in San Nicolas. We'll be leaving SisQ County CA ~ 27 Dec. We'll use a week to get there. Should be in Loreto for "supplies" toward the end of the following week. We'd love to meet you, and extend the invitation out to El Campo.

LORETO

Capt. George - 12-9-2003 at 07:23 AM

reefrocket, vagabndo

We are at 24 Calle Davis (off Juarez) back of Iguanna Inn.....

Phone # 613 135 2035

See you on your arrival! Been windy and fighting a cold, not much fishing info. There were a PILE of yellowtail off Punta Pulpito......long haul.

Look forward to your visit........

George & Deborah

So you give the whole world your phone number...

flyfishinPam - 12-9-2003 at 02:25 PM

....and when you see me you forget what it is? Now I have it and I can call you to ask if your refrigerator is running!

I just wanna say that Capn. George and Deborah are the coolest folks I've met in a long time. And they're east coasters too. Love it. Sometimes I don't think these CA folks know how to handle us. Transplants from the east coast rock!

FISH ON!!!!

COOL!!

Capt. George - 12-9-2003 at 04:07 PM

Thanks Pam, I assure you, the feeling is mutual from Deborah and I.

I even remember my number now, I theeenk!

Capt. George & Deborah

Phone?

Don Alley - 12-10-2003 at 02:32 PM

Congrats on getting your phone!

Hey, it was great meeting you and Deborah. Now I'm freezing my you know what's off in Montana. Hope to be back down in January if the elusive fidocomiso ever happens.

East coasters: you guys are kind of scary. I watched George rigging up machinery designed to catch whole schools of sierra while holding forth with worldviews with Sharkey(?) while I pulled my hat tight over my burning ears. lol. :o ;D

Never got back together with Pam on a fishing/beach trip with my wife, next time on that I guess.

Don

Bajabus - 12-10-2003 at 04:05 PM

Don...love your avatar...very cool

Now that the east coasters are descending upon you...

flyfishinPam - 12-11-2003 at 11:05 AM

...just remember this. We say it like it is and don't pussyfoot around like left coasters do. And we're usually more intense. If you can remember that then you won't be so shocked by us.

Teach me how to make real bagels sometime Capt. George!

PAM

Capt. George - 12-12-2003 at 05:35 AM

Simply take a roll and poke a hole! On the other hand, perhaps it would be easier to have Pancho do it.....

We'll get together and try to make some as soon as I get rid of the grip.....cough, cough........Everything bagels, ya ain't lived till ya had one.....george

Capt. Jorge.....you called the house

capt. mike - 12-12-2003 at 05:52 AM

yesterday and i was enroute drom SD.

so....wazzzzupppp!!??