BajaNomad

New fishing Tournament announced

bajajudy - 8-27-2006 at 11:54 AM

Just found out about a fishing tournament sponsored by the Los Cabos Municipio...yes, the county government. I think that it is called Copa Gobernador.

September 22, 23 & 24

$300,000pesos in prices
This is from money that the municipio has made from the Bizbee, Black and Blue and other big money....bascially gringo.. tournaments.

There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place panga fishing for dorado, tuna, black and blue marlin.....no striped. I am sure there are more species but I dont remember them all.

There will also be shore fishing tournaments for adults and children...first prize is $10,000pesos for the adult.

Here is the beauty of this tournament....no entry fees. It is for the people of Los Cabos so they can realize something good from all these huge money tournies held here every year. The prize money is coming from the taxes collected. It is for the residents of Los Cabos.

With all the bad press about the gov't, I think this is a wonderful, positive thing they are doing.

We will fish and our captain will be eligible to win as well.
I can wait......:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Here I am with my last winning fish. I dont have to tell you how unhappy the other GUYS were that I took their prize money with this little guy....won $300...which they would have split...
It was a dorado tournament and those were the only 3 caught.
:cool:

kingpin - 8-27-2006 at 07:28 PM

That little female on the right won? Oh, your not talking about the Dorado. Judy, you rock!