BajaNomad

San Ignaico get together?

Bajame - 8-27-2006 at 12:37 PM

How about a get together In San Ignacio in Feb? We could camp out on the Bay and go whale watching, Antonio has a resturant there so we can meet in the mornings to plan out the day. We could go camping in Asunsion and take the tour to see one of the largest sea lion colony's. They say the seanry is great in that area. We could visit with Shari and visit the Analope Perserve. Jusyt a thought. Let me know what you think.

Well my last day on duty is Jan 5 2007

Sonora Wind - 8-27-2006 at 03:13 PM

I'm free that week. There will be snow at the ranch in Utah. So I'll try. :cool:

Marie-Rose - 8-27-2006 at 03:40 PM

Sounds great! We will be leaving Canada right around the 1st of Feb and would be
really interested!!!! (2 dogs OK?)

Bajame - 8-27-2006 at 03:42 PM

Sure! How about yo Baja judy?

shari - 8-28-2006 at 09:34 AM

YUPEEE! which is mexican for YIPEE! I'd be happy to host a BBQ here in Asuncion and it would be fun to show everyone around, the sea lions, the pronghorn preserve, fossil valley and the beach of course. For those who don't want to camp, there is a hotel here and our beach house sleeps 3 couples and a coupe single cots and we have room here at the house for 2 couples and a single too. And we've lots of room for camping. And it will still be lobster season!!! So I'll help organize a get together.

comitan - 8-28-2006 at 07:42 PM

Interested 1st week of Feb.

Bajame - 8-29-2006 at 07:50 PM

Sounds good Shari, I will be San ignaico next week and it it will take me a week or so to get settled in. Then we should get together to work out some of the details. You can stay at my place when you come down. I am a little skittish about going there as was stuck in the dunes last time and thanks to some helpful locals who help me out things worked out ok. First week of Feb sounds good to me too.

Let me know when

Sonora Wind - 8-29-2006 at 08:11 PM

I will be retired, foot loose and liven the vida loca.

So I'm considering making a showing. Heck( Bad Word ) I'll be there.:cool:

shari - 8-30-2006 at 09:32 AM

way to live the vida loca sonora wind....heck of a decision! We'll make it worth your while and bien loca! We'll avoid the dunes too...is there a way to contact you Bajame in San Ignacio??? We'll wait till the heat dies down to visit though. thanks for the offer...

Bajame - 8-30-2006 at 10:27 AM

Shari check your u2u.

capt. mike - 8-30-2006 at 06:44 PM

i am up big time for a party at Ascuncion!!

bajajudy - 8-30-2006 at 09:51 PM

BM
We always head that way around that time to sell whale and nature books to the whale-watching companies. En esto momento, I cant commit to a date. But you can bet we will see you whenever we are in San Ignacio...I am jealous that you have found a home there...terrific place
If we make it that far Ascuncion is just up the road...camped there a few years back....que rico

Bajame - 8-31-2006 at 09:07 AM

Glad to have you visit anytime Bajajudy!

shari - 8-31-2006 at 12:14 PM

So yeah, Captain Mike, I've been doing some sluething and my investigations reveal that you DO like a parteeee...ya cant be too careful these days ya know...look forward to seeing you live up to your reputation!!
Just another thought...for anyone who hasn't been to Ojo de Liebre (scammons lagoon), we could also do a day there...it's so different to San Ignacio in many ways and a gorgeous place to camp, excellent road in, much easier access plus for anyone interested, I could be cooerced into coming along to provide a vastly interesting commentary on what you will see as I used to be a gray whale researcher in my past life. Sirena was born and raised on this lagoon and would love to come along too.We could even go from here as we have the super suburban now to car pool. YOu could do either lagoon or both if you are real fanatics. Think about it!