BajaNomad

John (Juan)

Reeljob - 8-31-2006 at 12:18 PM

Perhaps us flying folks should keep an open mind and be ready to offer help if the need arose.

I personally am going to keep in contact with Tania at CSL ... just in case.

shari - 8-31-2006 at 12:20 PM

Anything we can do to help, we are here in Asuncion...if someone needs a place to stay etc....happy to be of public service.

Skeet/Loreto - 8-31-2006 at 04:11 PM

Juan/Shari. Thanks for your offer of assistance!
I am setting here in Texas concerned about my Friends in La Paz/Loreto and the Poor People in the Arroyos>.

It maybe that the Services of Pilots and Aircraft will be sorely needed as this storm is taking the same track as Lisa .
Let me know if things get Tough .
Skeet/Loreto

kenney00 - 9-4-2006 at 04:18 PM

Does anyone know if Serenidad's airstrip (El Gallito) is usable?

capt. mike - 9-5-2006 at 05:07 AM

its wet, pictures abound here.

kenney00 - 9-5-2006 at 11:56 AM

The water usually drys in a week. But if there are ruts an rocks, that's another matter. Couldn't tell from the photos....
I emailed Don and Diana at Serenidad and told them our hearts were with them, but we can't carry enough of the one thing they need, water, to make a difference.
We will let things settle down and see what they need. The hotel is probably fine.
Just read in the Santa Barbara News-Press an AP article quoting Fox as saying, "Fortunately there is no human loss and the impact (in terms of damage) is relatively modest." Of course, he was talking about La Paz. There really is no awareness of Mulege up here.
We'll keep monitoring BBP and this website.
Yours,
margo kenney

kenney00 - 9-5-2006 at 12:01 PM

The water usually drys in a week. But if there are ruts an rocks, that's another matter. Couldn't tell from the photos....
I emailed Don and Diana at Serenidad and told them our hearts were with them, but we can't carry enough of the one thing they need, water, to make a difference.
We will let things settle down and see what they need. The hotel is probably fine.
Just read in the Santa Barbara News-Press an AP article quoting Fox as saying, "Fortunately there is no human loss and the impact (in terms of damage) is relatively modest." Of course, he was talking about La Paz. There really is no awareness of Mulege up here.
We'll keep monitoring BBP and this website.
Yours,
margo kenney