BajaNomad

Severe flooding in Mulege....

CasaManzana - 9-3-2006 at 03:06 PM

Our night watchman here at Posada Beach, 15 miles south of Mulege, just came back from Mulege tonight. He said there were "mucho mucho casas" along the river area that had, some of them anyway, a meter of water over the top of the house. Can anyone confirm his report? He said the flood was at 9AM Sunday,:O from Big John of course.

Please confirm

Sharksbaja - 9-3-2006 at 03:16 PM

Can someone get up that way today and report back. Thanks, Corky

bajaden - 9-3-2006 at 05:15 PM

Casa could you or somebody take the ride to Mulege and see for yourself how bad it is. All the phone lines seem to be down there so no internet reports either. Many of us are waiting with bated breath for any info we can get. TKS.....

The "Casa de Manzana" news crew will cover this story on Monday afternoon...news at 11:00

CasaManzana - 9-3-2006 at 09:03 PM

I heard the road into Mulege was ok as long as you watched out for the rock slides. Will take camera and hope to provide info tomorrow afternoon. Story gets worse when our beach manager (well I call him that anyway) says several houses were actually (his words here) "swept out to sea". News at 11:00

Please post updates!!

lindsay - 9-3-2006 at 09:38 PM

Thank you for any updates coming from Mulege. As of 9:00 pm tonight, not able to contact relatives or friends there, some live on the river or in town. From the reports here, I fear that some of them have lost homes or had major flooding.

So, thank you for any news and I will also post when I know more too.

TechsMex - 9-4-2006 at 12:05 AM

Jim,
You're confirming what I heard from friends on the river, I posted a bit in the main thread, but was trying to be cautious just in case it wasn't as bad as it sounded.
Will tune in tomorrow for your report.
Peter