BajaNomad

How cold is it?

Anonymous - 12-8-2003 at 08:17 PM

We will be in La Paz in early January. My wife loves snorkeling. I think she should buy a wet suit (2 or 3 mil?). She thinks diving skins will keep her warm enough. We need someone who knows more than we do to settle the argument. I'm right, right? Also, is there a good store in La Paz to buy it, or should we get it before we leave the States?

wetsuit

aldosalato - 12-8-2003 at 08:47 PM

January 3mm wetsuit is much better if you want to stay in the water more than 10 minutes.
January water temp in La Paz should be around 72 F

keeping warm

fishinrich - 12-10-2003 at 10:24 AM

If you plan on being in the water longer than a minute then a 5 mil suite will be needed. The water will not be above 70 and that is only on the surface. Dive down and it is cold. Make sure you have hoods, booties and gloves and a weight belt so you can get under the water with all that rubber wrapped around you. fishin rich

Water temp in Jan

hyme7of9 - 12-10-2003 at 05:39 PM

I've seen it go down to 62 degrees f especially in the spring with the winds. I would go with a 5mil vest with hood under a 5mil full.No booties.For gloves I use those cotton gloves with a rubber coating.If I get warm I take off the vest and just use the full .Water temp will be about 68 to 70.You can never have enough equiptment when doing water sports.Adios.Hyme

Keys in June

Capt. George - 12-10-2003 at 09:27 PM

it's a killer, 85 to 90.......

JESSE - 12-10-2003 at 09:59 PM

3mm is about as thick as you can handle in La Paz, thicker than that and you are going to feel like a steam taco in a few minutes.