BajaNomad

Mulege- along the river update: 9/9/06

CasaManzana - 9-9-2006 at 08:20 PM

I spent most of the day along the river taking pix of peoples casas as they requested (requests go to- casamanzana@gmail.com if you want one )
Villa Maria- they get the A+ for progress as all the streets are graded and the management is on top of their game. Security is good and they are the only ones on the river that have water. Jessie (and Maria???) are all over the place with big "can I help you's" and trying to generate some smiles (there casa was one of the ones hit the most).
Orchard- a much bigger job to be sure. Hard to measure the progress as it's so spread out. I felt the "burning drive" there was missing after being at Villa Maria....but a bunch of folks were there doing something or other.
Jorges Park- mostly Mexican folks sitting around, some drinking beer. Two sets of gringos pawing through rubble.
In Town- great food supplies in all markets/city water pressure better-to-good/laundry open again/new ice house on highway open and loaded with ice/beer stores (both) open/both Pemex stations open/most restaurants open. Life is good again mostly for most folks, just a bit muddy.

Bruce R Leech - 9-9-2006 at 09:21 PM

That is a good report and pretty accurate for the gringo part of town. the Mexican part is a Little deferent story.

capt. mike - 9-10-2006 at 06:22 AM

what happened to the ice and water store on the newly paved (well, after the last big storm a few years ago) river side road just below the main highway before the right turn under the bridge? is it still there? wiped out??
and what about that paved road? washed away??

that ice guy was always so friendly, i overpaid for ice and water just for him. hope he can return to biz.

Water store- NOT

CasaManzana - 9-10-2006 at 07:49 AM

Here's a pix of what is left of that water/ice store under the bridge...and yes, that river road has a huge section missing right about half way in.

capt. mike - 9-10-2006 at 12:46 PM

oh no!!! that sucks!! hope he recovers and no one in his family was injured.

Bruce R Leech - 9-11-2006 at 06:17 AM

Part of the road is gone also