BajaNomad

5 lost close to Puerto Penasco

lizard lips - 12-10-2003 at 03:52 PM

Does anyone have any new information regarding the men lost at sea last month. I know that 2 bodies were found. Were any other bodies located?

Mike Humfreville - 12-10-2003 at 05:43 PM

Last I read, they only found the two and both were independently found a number of miles N/E of Angel de La Guarda. Sad story for all. There was a thread regarding this incident but I don't remember if it was here or Fred's board. Welcome home by the way.

lizard lips - 12-10-2003 at 06:29 PM

Thanks Mike. I am investigating this on behalf of the life insurance company and wanted to see if anyone had any more info. before I go to P.P.. I saw the thread from last month. Off to Costa Rica tomorrow......

lost at sea

capt. mike - 12-10-2003 at 06:36 PM

there is more info at the bajabushpilots board.

Fly Baja - 12-11-2003 at 11:08 AM

Hey, Lizard Lips, your using my old tag line from the old Amigos de Baja board! That's OK though, I haven't used it on this board, but if I decide to, can we share?

I had only heard about the body of the son being recovered - hadn't heard about a second body. I had an observer with me and we were going to help search, but while landing at Calexico to get full fuel I overheard the radio transmission that bodies had been found. While contacting Puerto Penasco by land line from the customs office for more information, which took a while, the cloud cover returned and lowered, so we couldn't go on. If anyone has more information I'd like to hear it. I'm with Baja Aviation Search and Rescue, a new organization formed after the boater died on Isla Angel de la Guardia after being stranded there for three days.

Lead, Follow, or get out of the way!

[Edited on 12-11-2003 by Fly Baja]

[Edited on 12-11-2003 by Fly Baja]