BajaNomad

Detached

DianaT - 9-14-2006 at 10:04 PM

Ramblings from a sleepless night

Ah, as I await for Tropical Storm Lane, or perhaps Hurricane Lane, I feel its impact upon my life---a little twinge perhaps. Maybe a changed vacation, a moment of compassion, or another drop into Corky’s bucket. The impact only scratches the outer layer; the core is intact.

I traverse the surface, marvel at the beauty, and lament the loss that development stamps out. But, I have no stake; I own no land, I live in the north, and changing direction for vacation, is only a matter of turning the wheel.

The locals I fear will be left with nothing; I send donations. Impulse dictates not to worry about the “rich” ex-pats, but my heart feels the loss of a dream; the loss of a future not yet lived and a life savings floating out to sea.

So, as Lane approaches, the trip intended to go south, now heads northeast---I will be safe; Lane will not interfere---I have no stake. Only my heart feels pain; pain I cannot identify.

If Lane will only turn west.

Diane

longlegsinlapaz - 9-14-2006 at 10:18 PM

Diane, you don't sound all that detached to me! You may not be physically in BCS, but your mind & your heart is! Thanks for caring & sharing! I've got the duct tape, mop & towels close at hand! :(

It's Understandable

Sharksbaja - 9-14-2006 at 10:42 PM

To say the least Diane. Your heart shows your passion and concern.

Some years ago I would not have paid much attention. Now, how could I not. How could I not feel a sense of personal responsibility to help in some way.

But still, even with another drop, I feel blessed my bucket is only half full.

FARASHA - 9-15-2006 at 01:06 AM

Great Attitude you have Corky! To choose it only half full. Not many people can look at it this way!
CHEERS - over a half glass of whatever you fancy !!

And Diane: I know this ambivalent thoughts. Nothing to do with detaching, just beeing cautious - and that is wise!

David K - 9-15-2006 at 09:46 AM

Good post Corky... Also, a huge thanks to Doug and his Baja Nomad Forums... the best Baja connection we have!

Sharksbaja - 9-15-2006 at 12:09 PM

Thanks David. I think we'll all agree that this forum has provided us with helpful avenues and solutions, too many to mention . Kudos Doug.