BajaNomad

Baja Nomad in the morning... or evening?

David K - 9-22-2006 at 08:54 AM

With so many new Baja Nomads and 'unregistered viewers' (those who don't or haven't yet posted their own stories or replies, politely known as 'Lurkers'), perhaps a note on the best way to view Baja Nomad's forums?

Their are a several forums here, as a way to organize subjects for easy retrieval by future readers. However, clicking on more than one or two forums to scout for new posts is just not convenient for most. I mean some of you have a life beyond Baja, right? (shame, shame):lol:

The solution is the feature 'TODAY'S POSTS', located in the blue menu bar at the top of the page... It is actually the past 48 hours worth of new posts from ALL Baja forums on Nomad.

Come to Nomad and click on 'Today's Posts' first or put Today's Posts in your favoirites to go directly. Here's the URL: http://forums.bajanomad.com/today.php

Now, you won't miss any new Baja contribution (as long as you visit Nomad once every 48 hours)... Kind of like reading the newspaper... you scan the topics, and read what interests you!

If you have a trip report describing your Baja adventure, use the Baja Trip Reports forum... It is a great way to check up on a location you plan to go to, as well. Click on that forum and scroll down to see if their is some details you could use. The General Baja Discussion forum is just so huge, so the seperate forums for those subjects makes it easier.

Also the SEARCH feature here on Nomad is a great way to find stuff, as far back as 2002 when this forum began. You can just enter the subject or the author and everything posted with that subject or written by that Nomad will pop up.

So, just some ideas to help with your own Baja adventure...

Viva Baja everyone!

Al G - 9-22-2006 at 09:18 AM

Great info DK, wish you had posted that when I started.
One thing you forgot to say that off topic will not be posted on Today Post. If they want to have a nice day discussing Baja don't visit the weirdos there. Some post in general fourm and are nice people then.

David K - 9-22-2006 at 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Al G
Great info DK, wish you had posted that when I started.
One thing you forgot to say that off topic will not be posted on Today Post. If they want to have a nice day discussing Baja don't visit the weirdos there. Some post in general fourm and are nice people then.

Yes Al... agreed, people can be nasty in Off Topic and be human again here!

I did say it this way, to indicate only Baja (and no off topic) forums would be displayed:

"The solution is the feature 'TODAY'S POSTS', located in the blue menu bar at the top of the page... It is actually the past 48 hours worth of new posts from ALL Baja forums on Nomad."

Note: "ALL Baja forums" as Off Topic means no Baja...

David

Baja Bernie - 9-22-2006 at 01:13 PM

I'll agree with Al--I wish I had known that when I first started visiting the Forum. Being a slow learner it only took me a couple of years--and then only by accident.

Very useful information for all.