BajaNomad

Loreto Bus Schedules

Phil C - 9-27-2006 at 02:41 PM

Anybody know about the schedules Loreto to La Paz?

Julie - 9-27-2006 at 04:13 PM

Phil,
They start at 8am I believe and one leaves every 2-3 hours throughout the day. Cost around 300 pesos last I checked.

Phil C - 9-27-2006 at 04:29 PM

Thanks Julie,I just found Avolar has flights from Tijuana to La Paz for 90 dollars. That might make the bus worthwhile.

Don Alley - 9-27-2006 at 07:02 PM

Avolar also has cheap flights to the mainland, connecting to other flights, some for $499 MN. We may fly from La Paz to Oaxaca this winter. Or Zihua for winter sailfish, dorado and tuna.

It would be really nice if they came to Loreto.

Phil C - 9-28-2006 at 04:44 PM

Hope that happens Don, Maybe Mr. Grogan could have some influince are there any sales to Mexicans? Also Delta starts DAILY flights from LAX on Dec. 18. Starts at 560 round trip :wow:

[Edited on 9-28-2006 by Phil C]

Response to airline prices

Phil S - 9-29-2006 at 05:24 AM

Phil C. Phil S here. What with the prices of ticket to Loreto from L.A. plus what they would be from Eugene Or to L.A.X. is the reason we are still driving to Loreto twice a year. Plus we get to experience the changes of Baja on the way. (subject to no nightdriving of course) Looks like maybe I need to contact one of those bulletproof companies that "workover" the executive vehicles. Would add to our "surviving Baja" vehicle experiences. First it was burro's & cattle. Then added washouts & "running rivers" arroyos (vada's). Then beer drinking & drug drivers. Now outrunning carjackers. Wonder when the "good ole days will be returning"????????

jerry - 9-29-2006 at 08:15 AM

hmmm delta is flying to loreto?? cool didnt know that thanks