BajaNomad

How many BALLET DANCERS on this board?

shari - 10-6-2006 at 03:12 PM

OK so I'm jealous of all those hunky construction workers and cops...and thought we women should unite....so are any of you ballet, jazz, contemporary, tap dancers?? My grandma, mom, sister and I were all dancers...(in my past life) but still love to kick up my heals whenever I can.
In caser you don't believe me, this is a photo of my I'm a Little Tea Pot number...pretty sexy huh!!

[Edited on 10-7-2006 by shari]

Packoderm - 10-6-2006 at 03:16 PM

Ballet dancers? Heck, how mant belly dancers on this board. That's what I want to know. Well, at least as long as Capt. Mike is not one that is.

Shari------

Barry A. - 10-6-2006 at 03:20 PM

-----I only qualify as a "dancer" when getting shot at, or when my "power tool" gets away from me on the job------and this my wife can surely varify. :spingrin:

Diver - 10-6-2006 at 03:27 PM

I dated a dancer once......mmmmemories...... :yes: :lol:

Bruce R Leech - 10-6-2006 at 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
-----I only qualify when my "power tool" gets away from me on the job------and this my wife can surely varify. :spingrin:

I'm not sure we want to here about that Barry. your wife must be a good sport.:lol:

Cypress - 10-6-2006 at 03:33 PM

Can do the "dust stomp" when I get my didgeridoo tuned up!:D

FARASHA - 10-6-2006 at 03:34 PM

I have started classical ballet training aged 5,did all kind of Jazz and Contemporary dance as most dancer did. too.Till I felt too OLD - at around age .. ehem... :rolleyes:Nowadays I still do some classical workout to keep shape and flexibility and strenght for other sports activities.
Glad someone came up with a subject to outbalance all this MACHismo subjects :dudette::biggrin:
AND BELLY dancing is not that difficult - wiggle B and B, shake your limbs, toss your hairs -:lol:

[Edited on 6-10-2006 by FARASHA]

bancoduo - 10-6-2006 at 03:38 PM

I'm really good at the Aztec two-step.:moon::lol:

Oso - 10-6-2006 at 04:14 PM

Fergit Ballet, how many "Exotic" dancers here, dat's whut I wanna know...:lol:

Shari

Baja Bernie - 10-6-2006 at 05:00 PM

I think most of us like to "kick up our heels" when we get a chance. That is one of the huge pluses of Baja--folks of all ages still dance here. Even if it is in the sand and with no music but that which is in our hearts and the waves.

DanO - 10-6-2006 at 05:14 PM

Speak for yourself, Bernie. In terms of my least favorite things to do, dancing loses narrowly only to going to the dentist, doing my taxes, and getting poked in the eye with a sharp stick.

Exotic?

Dave - 10-6-2006 at 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Oso

Bear, your age is showing. ;D

Skeet/Loreto - 10-6-2006 at 06:01 PM

Well Now Yawl Listen up Ya Heah!!

Started danicn around 5 years old on a Ranch in Texas, My Mamma taught me!
Did some Tap Dancin for the Dixie Dice Dance Studios in Amarillo Texas{Dixie taught Cid Chareese}.
Became a Ballroom Dancer from Oklahoma City, FT. Worth, Amarillo and Jims Clovis Calif..
Took my Mother to Loreto, fished with her at age 84, then Waltzed with Her at 85 when she was in an Assisted Living Home in Lawton Okla.

God Bless Her!

Dancin with the Pretty Girls has been, next to Fishin, my Life!!

There ant' any thing better than a good Country Western Band Playing that "Beer-Drinkin, Bellyrubbin Music with a "Sweet-Thing" cuddled in your Arms, telling you to "Take me to the Back Seat of you Automobile, Darlin!!

Skeet/Loreto

comitan - 10-6-2006 at 06:09 PM

Skeet

Were you wearing your Ballet shoes?

roundtuit - 10-6-2006 at 06:15 PM

Wife has dance trophies from when she was younger and all I have is two left feet :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Skeet/Loreto - 10-6-2006 at 06:17 PM

comitan: Of Course!!!

Also had on my Black Tights .

comitan - 10-6-2006 at 06:19 PM

Skeet I thought they were called tu-tu's

Diver - 10-6-2006 at 06:22 PM

My wife wants me to dance neked for her tonight.

Does that count ?? :lol:

backninedan - 10-6-2006 at 06:33 PM

You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out,,,etc etc

The Sculpin - 10-6-2006 at 06:45 PM

Hey skeeters....that wouldn't be Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys ur talkin about?

Oso - 10-6-2006 at 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:
Originally posted by Oso

Bear, your age is showing. ;D

Ummm, what are they calling them now?
http://www.fredoneverything.net/FOE_Frame_Column.htm

oops, that link takes you to Fred's latest column. If you scroll down from there, you can click on "Brass Pole in Bangkok", Fred's latest book and ideal for reincarnation.

[Edited on 10-7-2006 by Oso]

pargo - 10-6-2006 at 08:46 PM

:lol::lol: Orale. a quemar chanclas todos vamonos. ajuaa!!

I kin dance

oxxo - 10-6-2006 at 09:11 PM

I staggered into a smoke filled bar
'bout an hour 'fore closing time
Dancin' with a sweet young thang
was what I had in mind
I saw her sittin' all alone
at a table in the back
I asked her to dance and she stood up
I damned near had a heart attack!

(chorus) Cause she was UGGGGLYYYYY
UGLY as home made sin
Had them hairs on her legs like bristles on a hog
Zits all over her chin
Coyote UGGGGGLYYYYY
UGLY as ever been
It took a lot of good liquor, and some heavy duty drinkin'
But I drank her on up to a TEN!

sung by Capt. Sam Crutchfield at a bar in Key West

[Edited on 10-7-2006 by oxxo]

[Edited on 10-7-2006 by oxxo]

Paulina - 10-6-2006 at 11:28 PM

Well, I did study. Unfortunately I never made it to my toes. I was doomed to the black shoe, never wearing the pink. But, when I switched my studies to horses, my trainer told me to ride like a cowboy, but look like a ballerina. Taking this to mind, the next show I was in, when they called my number I rode out into the arena wearing my dressage uniform, with a pink ballernia tu-tu over my pants.
To bring this back to a baja topic, I have met many people in Baja in the horse business, English saddle, etc. If fits. If only that tu-tu still fit.....
There are some beautiful horses in Baja.

P.

FARASHA - 10-6-2006 at 11:53 PM

PAULINE - OhYeah, Horseriding or ballet dancing - has both to do with picking up a rythm, and with attitude, to make it appear elegant,lightweighted and easy,but still powerful.
I imagine now the tutu over the riding costume - :bounce: love this image - just laughing my socks off, great idea.
In Vienna we have the famouse HORSEBALLET of the LIPIZZANER horses - ever heard of it??!!
That is MASTERY of horse riding what they do.
As much hard work as ballet dancers training.
A daily training of some hours for both.
The quote "working as a horse" is quite common.

HEY Skeeet - waltzing is something I grew up with - isn't it a great feeling!!??Have been listening to waltzes in the craddle already.And keeps you young by heart.

DAVE - sorry for you that dancing is a pain, it can be soooooo tempting, with the right person, VERY sensual.
se YAFEH MEOD !!!! Thats why I'm called PARPAR.

It doesn't matter what music or rythm - every culture came up with DANCING on some stage, the desire for moving the body to a rythm must be within humanrace. And basic rythms are always correlating to heartbeats.
The guys making fun of it - BUT all like to watch it -eh??!!

[Edited on 7-10-2006 by FARASHA]

Oso - 10-7-2006 at 08:11 AM

I thought girls liked to ride horses because it stimulated the... ah, never mind.:rolleyes:

FARASHA - 10-7-2006 at 09:19 AM

:?: OSO - No idea what you're talking about!:biggrin:

DanO - 10-7-2006 at 02:04 PM

Honestly, do I have to do all the research around here? Try wikipedia on sidesaddles. And Oso, what's got into you lately? Some performance enhancing substance, perhaps?

FARASHA - 10-7-2006 at 02:32 PM

No need for sidesaddles, can do without.
:yes:

shari - 10-7-2006 at 03:20 PM

Tee Hee, loved ALL your responses to this particularly the tuttu riding Pauline and Farasha, I should have guessed you were a kindred spirit. Too bad for you Dan-O...dancing is the greatest relaxant in the universe, especially a good cumbia in the sand....so Diver did you do your midnight beechy dance for your wife, we're all dying to know!!!

FARASHA - 10-7-2006 at 03:24 PM

YEAH - DIVER let us know PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce:

Diver - 10-7-2006 at 03:52 PM

Let you know what ??

Pervert !! :lol:

FARASHA - 10-7-2006 at 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
My wife wants me to dance neked for her tonight.

Does that count ?? :lol:

IT'S Dancing, so it does count, no matter if with or without TUTU. Saw quite some good performances ( on stage!!!!) were the dancers were indeed naked- except for a string.
Nothing wrong with it.
As long as the Audience enjoyed it.:saint:

Skeet/Loreto - 10-7-2006 at 04:32 PM

This Heah is a Good Thread!!

Last week end my wife and I attented my 58th Amarillo Hi School Reunion:
We Danced!! Still not in the Craddle yet, Ya Heh!!
Yes it was Bob Wills and his Texas Playboys;
Note: Every year in the small Town of Spur Texas there is a Bob Wills Reunion upwards to 40,000 people Attend. Yawl come sometime!!!

While going to Aviation Mech School in Memphis Tenn. in 1950, I had the Pleasure of danicn to the Music and Singing of someone you Young Folks may not remember --Kay Starr- Also Jerry Lee Lewis was playing every night on Beale Street--Elvis was filling in for him once a Week.
While Dancin one Night at the USO to "Some Enchanted Evening" I became Amored to a Sweet little Lady from New Albany Miss., thats down near Tupelo. Came back from Korea and Married that Lady.

Dancin can some times Cloud you Senses as again in my First Year at Fresno State college-Fresno Calif. I went to my first Dance-A Square Dance- and Danced with a Little 105 Lb. Blond--Yes Ended up Married to her in 1959. Lasted 24 years.

Now to the present discussion- My Wife Virginia just won her first Ribbons in the Harlter Show at Tri-State Fair- She rides a Cremmelo Mare and she thinks "Bareback" develops Balance.

Has anyone seen the "Mexican Dancing Horses"?/

I aun't in the Cradle Yet- My favorite is still-Jerry Lee Lewis- A Whole Lot of Shakin Going On"!!!

Skeet

Skeet

Baja Bernie - 10-7-2006 at 04:48 PM

I think the word for you is---Irrepressible:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Capt. George - 10-7-2006 at 05:04 PM

Shari

nice knees! wait'l ya see me in my tu-tu! george

FARASHA - 10-8-2006 at 01:12 AM

HEYAH SKEET - great to see that there are Guys enjoying dancing, JERRY is a good shaking!!!!
And your Wife is right - Bareback IS a good training for balance and a great workout for the whole body. Especially for the Spine and the tights ( watch it, that she doesn't kick you, could be painfull :biggrin:)
Never heard from the TEXAS Horses ballet - they are real??
What horses are used for it??

George - you wear that TUTU and I take flightlessons and start PARACHUTING!!!!( something I wanted to do all my Life!!)

Skeet/Loreto - 10-8-2006 at 03:02 AM

FARASHA
The Mexican Dancin Horese are not any special breed,such as the Quarter Horses here and all over the World, just plain Horses that the Mexicanos train to Dance for the Fun of it!

Have you ever been to a "Colera"/Bull Tailing Contest", Around Calif and other States nearly every Weekend the "Vaquaros" find an Arena and engage in the Sport. There are several around the San Jose-Central Valley Area.

Good Luck in you Flying Lessons!
Suggestions: As soon as you get your Certificate; Go to the nearest Glider School and get you Sign-off on Gliders! Also find a Tail-Dragger and get some time.

There was at one time 3 Cessna 172's stacked up at the end of Christmas Valley after taking off from Tahoe Airport to the South- Caused by "Fresh Students out of Reid-Hillview Airport Flight School in San Jose- As soon as they got there Certificate in Cessna 150's, they Rented a Cessna 172, loaded up their Friends and Headed for Tahoe- With no experience in High Alltitude Flying. They were going Dancin!!!

If your intention is to Fly in Baja, I would suggest that you use a Tail-Dragger- Take you Time and enjoy all those small Airstrips that have not been closed by the Federales. A Cessna 182 is Fine if you Fly it like a Tail Dragger.
If you are going to Dance in Baja I would Highly recommend La Paz for the Best Action!!
Mucho Senoritas!!!!

Anon The Preacher

FARASHA - 10-8-2006 at 04:05 AM

SOOO many things you gave me to do Skeet-- JEEEZE, would have to take a years leave from job to do/see all of it, hopefully I get it done before getting to old,or drop dead from exhaustion.
At the moment I'm on a leave without payment, to have time for my desert/camel trips (tell you those beasts are stubborn, not easy to handle, you got to show them who's the boss first),and diving trips over here (with either Camels or Offroaders transporting the Gear).
Hey I liked La Paz, just never made it to go dancing there!!
Was too busy with diving.

[Edited on 8-10-2006 by FARASHA]

bajajudy - 10-8-2006 at 09:14 AM

Shari
10 years ballet
13 years tap/modern dance

Started when I was 4. Wish I had some pix to post.

I quit when I danced at a college basketball game and all my high school friends made fun of me. I was pretty thin skinned back then. Still dance a lot and all my friends still make fun of me because I usually dance alone....not on the tables, boys....nor with any kind of pole involved. Just moving to the music.:bounce:

shari - 10-8-2006 at 09:50 AM

Atta Girl Judy, you tell em...we just have to get together to dance sometime...it's tough here in Baja as "dancing laws" are strict...you are a super loca if you dance alone...no wonder they think I'm crazy then! I love the dances here in Asuncion, they are outdoors in the basketball court and have excellent live bands and play till dawn...yawn...not easy to stay up all night anymore...but I manage on occasion. I would love to somehow organize a group of Nomads to come down for the fiestas here and we can really do some serious 5 days of dancing!
I just got these pics from my mom and scanned them...what a hoot eh! As my mother had a chain of dance studios, I did my first song and dance number when I was 1 year old in a bunny outfit!! I continued to train in ballet, tap, modern, baton, gymnastics, ballroom, jazz and musical theatre all of which which I continued throughout my adult life, performing, choreographing and teaching. Dance is my drug of choice.