BajaNomad

Get your copy of Mulege's first newspaper here (in Spanish or English)

CasaManzana - 10-14-2006 at 01:08 PM

Finally Mulege has a "newspaper". Here's the note as it came to my mailbox. The link at the bottom goes to the paper. As time goes on maybe they will add a comics section:lol:
Hola everyone,
Today we are introducing the very first issue of Mulege's own online "newspaper", the "Mulege Spanglish News". There are a few holes in the paper, as we are under construction. As time goes on, we will fill those holes. Each additional issue will progressively become more complete, and more thorough as we have input from the community at large. We have good intentions, and some great plans for the future.
It was our intention to have this first issue ready by the first of October, and as you can see, we are late. We have sort of been stalling, trying to present a finished, slick product. We finally realized that to accomplish that, was going to take more time. As a result, some of our "timely" features are now "history":) We will try to do better in the future.
Your name (e-mail address) came to us from people that thought you may have an interest in this publication. If you have no interest, and would like to be removed from our mailing list, just drop us a note, and we will take care of it as soon as possible. On the other hand, if you know of someone that wants to be added to our mailing list, please drop us a note on that as well. Our mailing list will remain private, and not distributed to any other media, or company for any reason. It will not be used by us for any purpose other than to notify you of current or upcoming issue's.
There are so many things that get forwarded every day; including jokes, photo's, rumor's as well as many other assorted and sordid items. I myself get 10 or 12 FWD's daily. This is something that should be FWD'd. FWD this web site link to your friends and family that you think would be interested in seeing photo's, and reading feature articles and stories written about the community you live in. Some of these photo's and stories could very well come from you or one of your neighbors. Thank you in advance for your support.
Adrian & the staff of the "Mulege Spanglish News"
http://www.mulegespanglishnews.com

[Edited on 10-14-2006 by CasaManzana]

Packoderm - 10-14-2006 at 01:20 PM

In the classifieds on page 7: "Achilles 8' inflatable with 2hp Honda fourstroke...................$400 USD"

Sounds like a great deal if they are in ok condition.

FARASHA - 10-14-2006 at 01:32 PM

Just opened it and read the article "I HAVE SEEN" - so sad and touching.

Bruce R Leech - 10-14-2006 at 04:24 PM

I hope they have done there homework and gotten all there permits in order so they don't go the way of the other first ever Mulege news paper.

roundtuit - 10-14-2006 at 04:50 PM

Didn't know you needed a permit for the internet

Bruce R Leech - 10-14-2006 at 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by roundtuit
Didn't know you needed a permit for the internet

they say they are going to have a free paper also.
and if they are selling adds localy

they are very careful to not say anything about who they are where they are or how to contact them other than a email. I wonder why they would want to stay so annon. :?:

[Edited on 10-15-2006 by Bruce R Leech]

Bruce R Leech - 10-14-2006 at 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CasaManzana
Finally Mulege has a "newspaper". Here's the note as it came to my mailbox. The link at the bottom goes to the paper. As time goes on maybe they will add a comics section:lol:
Hola everyone,
Today we are introducing the very first issue of Mulege's own online "newspaper", the "Mulege Spanglish News". There are a few holes in the paper, as we are under construction. As time goes on, we will fill those holes. Each additional issue will progressively become more complete, and more thorough as we have input from the community at large. We have good intentions, and some great plans for the future.
It was our intention to have this first issue ready by the first of October, and as you can see, we are late. We have sort of been stalling, trying to present a finished, slick product. We finally realized that to accomplish that, was going to take more time. As a result, some of our "timely" features are now "history":) We will try to do better in the future.
Your name (e-mail address) came to us from people that thought you may have an interest in this publication. If you have no interest, and would like to be removed from our mailing list, just drop us a note, and we will take care of it as soon as possible. On the other hand, if you know of someone that wants to be added to our mailing list, please drop us a note on that as well. Our mailing list will remain private, and not distributed to any other media, or company for any reason. It will not be used by us for any purpose other than to notify you of current or upcoming issue's.
There are so many things that get forwarded every day; including jokes, photo's, rumor's as well as many other assorted and sordid items. I myself get 10 or 12 FWD's daily. This is something that should be FWD'd. FWD this web site link to your friends and family that you think would be interested in seeing photo's, and reading feature articles and stories written about the community you live in. Some of these photo's and stories could very well come from you or one of your neighbors. Thank you in advance for your support.
Adrian & the staff of the "Mulege Spanglish News"
http://www.mulegespanglishnews.com

)

Jim and Barbara is this your project ? or do you know who is doing this paper?

roundtuit - 10-14-2006 at 05:20 PM

Maybe to avoid the permit. Anyway did find the site interesting and wish them luck. When they get to checking around the paper( paper ) may never appear.

Bruce R Leech - 10-14-2006 at 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by roundtuit
Maybe to avoid the permit. Anyway did find the site interesting and wish them luck. When they get to checking around the paper( paper ) may never appear.

yes I real miss the paper we had years ago and I hope they can make this one go. I would like to help in any way.

CasaManzana - 10-14-2006 at 08:46 PM

In answer to ur question- NO, this is not "my project". Adrian did ask if I was willing to contribute something that I thought might be of interest to the paper should I stumble on it. Answer was yes. I'm really impressed at the professional approach and scope of the project. I would hope anyone would want to assist the lift-off of this whole thing if they could. The big worry about any permits at this point is a false issue to be sure .

Bruce R Leech - 10-15-2006 at 07:12 AM

I would love to help. but who would we be helping? all we know is the name is Adrian and an email address. can you tell us something about the people who we want to help?

Summanus - 10-15-2006 at 08:21 AM

We loved reading the old Mulege Mirror. This tongue-in-cheek newsletter made for enjoyable reading and was a pioneer in the area. Very regretable that it is no longer published. Miss reading the column, 'Maude Tells All', especially...great fun. I am glad we saved all the old copies.

Bruce R Leech - 10-15-2006 at 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Summanus
We loved reading the old Mulege Mirror. This tongue-in-cheek newsletter made for enjoyable reading and was a pioneer in the area. Very regretable that it is no longer published. Miss reading the column, 'Maude Tells All', especially...great fun. I am glad we saved all the old copies.

it was really fun. it is to bad the Mexican gov. puts such tough restrictions on news papers. especially foreign owned ones. but withe the slander laws what they are you cant print much anyway.

Oso - 10-15-2006 at 09:57 AM

So where's the Spanish part of "Spanglish"? The "espaņol" button just takes you to the same English front page.

Bruce R Leech - 10-15-2006 at 10:03 AM

you just read it with an accent:lol:

Summanus - 10-15-2006 at 10:40 AM

Actually, there were two 'first-ever' Mulege newspapers/newsletters...The Mulege Mirror & The Mulege Post...the same paper with a name change thanks to 'the barracuda'.

Plus a very informal, sometimes-weekly, 2-page handout back in the early 70's.

Spanglish News. Bueno suerte, 'Adrian'...good luck with it.

The formats of the Post and Mirror resembled this new endeavor. Great with coffee or a beer at Sam and 'DonnaMoe's Pizza'..Mulege characters of a while back.

[Edited on 10-15-2006 by Summanus]

Al G - 10-15-2006 at 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Oso
So where's the Spanish part of "Spanglish"? The "espaņol" button just takes you to the same English front page.

Oso...many button will not work. I tried to subscribe and their contact button does not work.
I doubt that it is Bahias de Baja real estate. Just punching buttons when I went there it has a trap to keep you from leaving unless you know how to use history.

Bruce R Leech - 10-16-2006 at 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Summanus
Actually, there were two 'first-ever' Mulege newspapers/newsletters...The Mulege Mirror & The Mulege Post...the same paper with a name change thanks to 'the barracuda'.

Plus a very informal, sometimes-weekly, 2-page handout back in the early 70's.

Spanglish News. Bueno suerte, 'Adrian'...good luck with it.

The formats of the Post and Mirror resembled this new endeavor. Great with coffee or a beer at Sam and 'DonnaMoe's Pizza'..Mulege characters of a while back.

[Edited on 10-15-2006 by Summanus]

can you tell us who this is? 'Adrian'

Subastador - 10-16-2006 at 10:27 AM

Bruce, go to Pg. 2, (Announcements). You will find a complete list of staff. Hugo & Josefina Martinez are major players in this effort. You may recognize other names I am not familiar with. I think it is a good idea.
Tip

Cypress - 10-16-2006 at 10:36 AM

CasaManza!:) The flashing buttocks interrupt my train of thought.;D Hope the paper makes it!:yes: Sign me up.;D

Bruce R Leech - 10-26-2006 at 06:10 AM

what happened to the Mulege first newspaper here (in Spanish or English)
:?: only 1 so far.

Bob and Susan - 10-26-2006 at 06:16 AM

no tan lines...i've seen personally:no: